Ivacy VPN Review 2023: 4 Cons and 4 Pros
Ivacy VPN: Cheap VPN for maximum anonymity
- Smaller selection of countries (29) compared to competitors
- Application is in English only
- Kill switch and split tunneling are not available on macOS and iOS
- It does not offer SOCKS5 proxy
- Low subscription price ($1.19 per month)
- Wide cross-platform support
- Up to 10 devices connectable at once
- Very good customer support
Ivacy VPN is a Singaporean company founded in 2007. The VPN supports a range of features, including a kill switch, whitelist, automatic connection to servers, split tunneling, streaming, and torrenting.
Users can choose from Ivacy VPN servers in 3,500 countries around the world when using 29. The VPN can be actively used on 10 devices simultaneously, with the added bonus of an excellent range of supported platforms.
Customer support Ivacy VPN is of a very high standard and among the best on the market.
The VPN has a high level of security and privacy. The Ivacy VPN does not store any data based on the activities of its users, and there is no known history of data leakage.
Subscription Ivacy VPN: Discount coupon, trial version, money back guarantee…
- Your Price:
$9.9488% off $1.19 /mo (10 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (30 days)
- Free Trial: Yes (1 day)
- Cryptocurrency payments: YesBitcoin :Yes
Ivacy VPN can be ordered as a monthly, annual, or five-year subscription.
The monthly and annual packages do not differ in content. For the five-year package, users get 2TB of encrypted storage and Premium Password Manager for secure password storage as a bonus. The five-year subscription is the most financially advantageous, while the monthly billing is the least advantageous. The Ivacy VPN holds limited-time events where it is possible to get an extraordinary discount. This can save tens of percent off the regular price $9.94 per month.
It does not offer a free trial version of Ivacy VPN on its website, but it can be requested from customer support. Although the trial version is paid, all services offered can be used without restrictions.
The money-back-guarantee is valid for 30 days from the time of purchase or until 30 connections have been made and more than 7 GB of data has been used. It depends on which situation occurs first.
When arranging a subscription, only the email address is entered; no other personal information is needed. A dedicated IP address and port forwarding can be purchased for an additional fee. The Ivacy VPN accepts credit card payments and PayPal, BitPay, Perfect Money, or Coingate.
Payment via Coingate does not qualify for a refund within the promised time period. So, for just trying out Ivacy VPN, it is better to choose another payment method.
- Your Price:
Device support at Ivacy VPN: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: 10
- Android:YesAndroid is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:YesAndroid TV is supported by 41 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:YesApple TV is supported by 23 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:YesFire TV is supported by 42 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:YesChromebook is supported by 17 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:YesChromecast is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:YesKodi is supported by 27 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:YesLinux is supported by 55 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:YesNAS is supported by 30 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:YesnVidia Shield is supported by 26 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:YesPlaystation is supported by 28 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:YesRaspberry Pi is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:YesRoku is supported by 24 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:YesRouter is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:YesxBox is supported by 28 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave :YesThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :YesThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :YesThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 21 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :YesThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 38 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :YesThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 1 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :YesThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
Ivacy VPN supports all common devices, including Android, Windows, iOS, or macOS. Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, and PlayStation and Xbox smart TVs are supported.
Of the less common platforms, Ivacy VPN can be used on Chromebook, Chromecast, Kodi, Linux, NAS, nVidia Shield, Roku, and Raspberry Pi.
Extensions are available for Chrome, Edge, Opera, Firefox, Brave, and Vivaldi. Safari is missing from the supported extensions.
The Ivacy VPN has the advantage of supporting traffic on the router, which is considered a single device. This allows VPNs to be used on platforms that are not directly supported.
With a single Ivacy VPN subscription, you can connect to up to 10 devices simultaneously. The Ivacy VPN website provides detailed instructions on how to install the app on each platform.
The IvacyVPN app: user-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English
- Whitelisting: YesWhitelisting is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
Installing the app is simple and quick. Detailed instructions for getting a VPN up and running on each platform can be found at Ivacy VPN.
The environment of the Ivacy VPN app for mobile phones and computers is almost no different. The settings and features are clear and easy to follow; even beginners will have no trouble using them. The downside is the support of English as the only available language.
In the app, you can use the whitelist function to select apps and websites on which the VPN will not be active. The advantage of Ivacy VPN is unlimited data and the ability to run the app without logging in.
You only need to log in to your account when you want to log in to a server. With Smart Connect, you can automatically connect to the fastest and most stable server at any given time. Alternatively, you can select the server of your choice.
The Ivacy VPN does not support kill switch and split tunneling features on macOS and iOS platforms. On other platforms, these features are available.
Connection speed and traffic for Ivacy VPN
Ivacy VPN offers above-average connection speed compared to the competition. During testing, we measured average download speeds for 187 MB/s and upload speeds for 160 MB/s. When connecting to closer servers, the speed was faster than for more distant locations.
The average server response was excellent 12 ms.
The measured speeds are sufficient for streaming 4K videos.
List of countries and VPN servers at Ivacy VPN
- Number of servers: 3,500The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1551.
- Number of countries: 29The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 39.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇫🇮 Finland 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇹 Italy 🇱🇻 Latvia 🇱🇺 Luxembourg 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇹🇷 Turkey 🇺🇦 Ukraine North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇨🇷 Costa Rica 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇧🇷 Brazil 🇨🇱 Chile 🇨🇴 Colombia Asia 🇭🇰 Hong Kong 🇯🇵 Japan 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates Africa 🇪🇬 Egypt Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Ivacy VPN gives users a choice of 3,500 servers in 29 countries around the world.
The number of available countries is significantly lower compared to Private Internet Access or CyberGhost VPN. However, when testing Ivacy VPN, we did not feel that the lower number of servers negatively affected the stability or speed of the connection.
The selected Ivacy VPN servers are optimized for video streaming or P2P and torrenting. The Ivacy VPN offers a dedicated server for Kodi as well.
The list of countries offered lacks some larger countries, such as Russia or China. However, even in these places, Ivacy VPN can be used without restrictions.
Security at Ivacy VPN: DNS protection, kill switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 96% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 82% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 12 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Ivacy VPN uses common 256-bit encryption along with IPSEC, L2TP, OpenVPN, IKeV, UD, and TCP. The service also offers the IKEv2 protocol.
A kill switch feature can be enabled in the application settings to immediately terminate the Internet connection in the event of a VPN failure. This prevents data leakage and user detection. The Ivacy VPN also offers malware blocking, and it was the first on the market to come with a split tunneling feature.
A dedicated IP address in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, or Singapore can be ordered with the VPN for an additional fee. You can also pay extra for port forwarding, which makes it possible to hide services and servers on the network, again taking traffic security to the next level.
VPN streaming on Ivacy VPN: Netflix, Youtube, Amazon…
- Amazon Prime: YesAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: YesDisney+ streaming is supported by 49 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: YesHBO streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: YesHulu streaming is supported by 47 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: YesNetflix streaming is supported by 63 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 83 % of reviewed VPNs
All Ivacy VPN subscription options support video streaming. During testing, we were able to unblock Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hulu, HBO, and BBC iPlayer streams. In the case of Netflix, we were successful in 16 different regions, including the US, UK, France, Japan, and Australia.
Connection speeds during streaming exceeded 50 MB/s, the threshold required to play 4K video. Video loading was fast enough, and we didn’t experience any problems even when skipping and rewinding the video. Connection speeds varied from server to server depending on the distance from our location.
Function Ivacy VPN: Adblock, static IP address…
- Blocks Ads: NoAd blocking is offered by 48 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: YesMalware blocking is offered by 43 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: NoTrackers blocking is offered by 42 % of the VPNs reviewed.
Ivacy VPN boasts a wide range of features that improve security, increase privacy, and add to the quality of the user experience.
The Ivacy VPN was the first on the market to introduce split-tunneling capability, which allows the user to communicate simultaneously inside the VPN and with the outside world (the Internet). The kill switch feature prevents data leakage when a connection is lost by immediately disconnecting the connection. User security will also be enhanced by the ability to block malware.
The Auto Connect feature can be used to select the fastest and most stable server at any given time. An interesting option is to use the application without logging in until the server is connected.
For an additional fee, you can get port forwarding for added security and a static IP address in several countries in addition to the regular VPN. As a bonus, the five-year subscription Ivacy VPN offers encrypted 2TB cloud storage and Premium Password Manager for password storage.
Load your computer with Ivacy VPN
During our testing of Ivacy VPN, we did not notice any significant load or changes in device speed. However, the app is slightly more demanding on device performance than, for example, Surfshark.
When running the Ivacy VPN app, you do not need to log in to it unless you want to be connected to the server. This can partially reduce the load on the device. The load also depends on the features used; for example, it will be lower when Auto Connect is disabled.
VPN torrent and Ivacy VPN
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 87 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Ivacy VPN is a great option for users looking for a VPN for torrenting. The service has dedicated optimized P2P servers that make torrenting safe and fast enough. If you want to connect to these servers, you can simply select them in the app.
All this makes Ivacy VPN one of the best VPN providers in terms of torrenting. Unfortunately, the VPN lacks a free SOCKS5 proxy server, which can only allow access to selected users.
Even so, Ivacy VPN is very secure.
HQ Ivacy VPN
- Country of origin: 🇸🇬 Singapore
The operator Ivacy VPN is based in Asia Singapore.
The Ivacy VPN was founded in 2007 by PMG Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., which is a marketing agency also based in Singapore. Although Singapore is a country known for occasional problems with government censorship, the operator Ivacy VPN is an exception. It is a reputable company that values the privacy of its clients.
Privacy and Ivacy VPN: Log storage, security…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 85% of reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: YesMulti-Hop connection is offered by 32 % of the VPNs reviewed.
Privacy levels are very good at Ivacy VPN despite the fact that the company is based in Singapore, which is known for occasional censorship issues. Perhaps that’s why Ivacy VPN is so concerned about the privacy and security of its clients, disproving certain perceptions about the country.
The Ivacy VPN does not store logs of user activity or login data. Only the data entered by the user when paying the subscription is stored, even so there should be no link between identity and physical location. To achieve a higher level of privacy, Ivacy VPN offers kill switch or split tunneling features.
In the past, no data leaks have been reported for Ivacy VPN.
Support at Ivacy VPN: Chat, email…
If Ivacy VPN really excels at anything, it’s excellent customer support, which outperformed competing providers during our tests.
The Ivacy VPN offers round-the-clock customer support via live chat, where the average wait time for a response is in the units of minutes. You can also use Facebook, email or the contact form on the website.
Help can also be found in the FAQ section of the website Ivacy VPN or directly in the app. The site itself is full of useful information. Twitter and the company’s YouTube channel can be considered additional sources of information.
If you are currently in Singapore, you can visit the operator’s headquarters itself, where you will also get help.
FAQ on Ivacy VPN
Is Ivacy VPN secure?The Ivacy VPN uses very secure 256-bit encryption and is complemented by a number of protocols (IPSEC, L2TP, OpenVPN, IKeV, UD and TCP). IKeV2 leak protection is also in place, so the service can be considered very secure. A good proof of security is that there has been no data leakage in the company’s past.
Is it worth subscribing to the Ivacy VPN app?The Ivacy VPN offers a good set of features at a reasonable price that used to be higher in the past. The price depends on the subscription length, with a five-year subscription being the most worthwhile.
Does the Ivacy VPN app support my device?The Ivacy VPN supports a wide range of devices, plus it offers extensions for most browsers. The only unsupported browser extension is Safari. For a complete list of supported platforms, visit Ivacy VPN.
Ivacy VPN 💵 VPN Price: $1.19/mo 📱 Device limit: 10 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: Yes 🔌 Router Support: Yes 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 3,500 🗺️Country of origin: Singapore
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- Free VPN: These Seven Things to Watch Out For
- How to Install a VPN on a Mac
- How to Install and Use a VPN on a PC
- Windows 10: Eight Ways You Can Protect Your Privacy
- Black Friday VPN Deals 2023: Up to 85% off Surfshark and Atlas VPN
- Review: Brave Free Internet Browser Protects Your Privacy
- 📺 10× Best VPN for Netflix: They unblock US stream in 4K
- How to Choose a VPN: A Simple Guide for Beginners
- Facebook Marketplace Scam: Paying insurance via Royal Mail Express
- EcoEnergy Electricity Saver is a scam, and saves no money
- Chrome :
- Android TV: