VPN Unlimited Review 2023: 6 Cons and 5 Pros
VPN Unlimited: Why Did It Receive a Rating of 6.6/10?
- Low download speed (44 Mb/s) and upload speed (9 Mb/s)
- The service has not been independently audited
- Unblocking streaming services is inconsistent
- Torrenting is prohibited on US servers
- Company headquartered in the US
- Application is available in English only
- Subscriptions can be paid with cryptocurrencies
- Wide device support
- Choice of 6 VPN protocols
- Fast and quality support
- Free lifetime subscription available
Operated by US company KeepSolid Inc, VPN Unlimited has a rating of 6.6/10, making it an average VPN service.
The VPN lost points due to low transfer speeds and a lack of advanced features. A significant drawback of VPN Unlimited is its inability to consistently unblock streaming services; in our test, it was only able to play videos from YouTube. The app is available only in English, and confidence in the service would increase with an independent audit from a reputable company.
A competitive advantage of VPN Unlimited is the option to obtain a lifetime license; if you use the VPN for 10 years, one month will only cost you $1.67. You can pay the subscription fee with cryptocurrencies and take advantage of a money-back guarantee for up to 30 days. The trial version is available for free for 7 days.
With one subscription, VPN Unlimited can be used on up to 5 devices simultaneously. The app offers unlimited data transfer and a choice of six different encryption protocols. Subscribers can connect to dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming.
Better alternatives to VPN Unlimited might include Surfshark or NordVPN. Both VPNs offer advanced security features, higher transfer speeds, have unblocked all streaming platforms, and are regularly independently audited.
VPN Unlimited Subscription: Discount Code, Free Trial, Money Back Guarantee…
- Your Price:
$9.9983% off $1.67 /mo (5 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (30 days)
- Free Trial: Yes (7 days)
- Cryptocurrency payments: YesBitcoin :Yes
VPN Unlimited offers several subscription plans, with the least convenient being the monthly payment option at $9.99. Slightly more attractive is the full-year subscription with upfront payment.
The best value is a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited, available in several variations depending on the included features. Using the service for 10 years, one month will only cost $1.67. All orders are covered by a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
A trial version of VPN Unlimited is available for free for 7 days; you just need to create an account using your email. No credit card information is required.
You can use a credit card, PayPal, or cryptocurrency via Bitpay to pay for your subscription.
For a small additional fee, you can get the MonoDefense package, which includes extra services:
- DNS Firewall: Filters all malicious traffic and blocks DNS activity.
- SmartDNS: Hides your real location and helps unblock content.
- Passwarden: Password manager to keep all your information in one place.
- Authenticator: Ensures the security of your web accounts through two-factor authentication.
- Your Price:
VPN Unlimited and Supported Devices: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: 5
- Android: YesAndroid is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:NoAndroid TV is supported by 37 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:YesApple TV is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:YesFire TV is supported by 44 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:NoChromebook is supported by 21 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:YesChromecast is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 99 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:YesKodi is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:YesLinux is supported by 60 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:YesNAS is supported by 25 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:NonVidia Shield is supported by 15 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:NoPlaystation is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:YesRoku is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:YesRouter is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:NoxBox is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave : YesThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :YesThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :YesThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 19 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :YesThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 35 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :YesThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 0 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :YesThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
With a single subscription, VPN Unlimited can be used on up to 5 devices simultaneously. For an additional fee, the number can be expanded by up to 10 more devices.
The VPN Unlimited app is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, and Mint) computers, and for Android and iOS mobile devices.
VPNs can also be used on multimedia systems and televisions such as Apple TV, Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Kodi, and Roku. VPN Unlimited also supports smart NAS storage.
An advantage of VPN Unlimited is the ability to use the service on a router. This can secure all devices connected to the same network, including game consoles that are not directly supported. In terms of the allowed quota, the router is always treated as just one device.
VPN Unlimited offers extensions for Chrome, Edge, Brave, Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi.
VPN Unlimited App: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English
- Whitelisting: NoWhitelisting is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
Access to the VPN Unlimited application is available via a user account, requiring an email and password. Alternatively, logging in via Facebook and Google is possible, though this method may result in a lower level of anonymity. The application is available only in English.
The user interface on both mobile devices and computers is very similar. You can use the app in either dark or light mode, and all functions are clearly categorized. The current IP address is displayed on the home screen.
After selecting a location, you are immediately connected, and you can also reconnect to the previous choice via the on and off button. The map in the app then shows your current connection. The whole app works without any problems.
The app can be set to launch automatically when the device boots up, and you can optionally establish an automatic connection to the VPN.
In the app settings of VPN Unlimited, you can mark Wi-Fi networks for which the VPN connection is never activated. This option is useful in situations where you do not wish to use a VPN connection, such as on a secure home network.
There is also a kill switch feature that disconnects the device from the internet if the VPN connection is interrupted. This ensures that your real IP address, location, and transmitted data are not compromised.
You can also choose to limit the connection to only DNS servers provided by VPN Unlimited.
One of the specific features of VPN Unlimited is Blogger Mode, which hides both your original IP address and the IP address of the server you are connecting to within the application. This mode is especially useful for creators who publish video on the internet and want to avoid accidentally exposing their IP address.
VPN Unlimited does not include a whitelist feature, which would ensure that selected apps and sites do not connect via the VPN. However, there is an App Exceptions feature available in the mobile app, where you can select which apps won’t use VPN connections.
VPN Unlimited Connection Speed: Upload, Download & Latency
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
VPN Unlimited doesn’t limit the amount of data transferred, which is standard for all paid VPNs.
Connecting to the server via the VPN Unlimited app was fast and smooth. The fastest protocol offered is WireGuard. In repeated tests, we achieved an average download value of 44 Mb/s, which is low in comparison to other reviewed VPNs. For 4K video playback, a download speed of at least 50 Mbps is typically required.
The average upload speed only reached 9 Mb/s, a value that can be described as insufficient for torrenting or other large uploads. For example, with FastestVPN, we uploaded data at 254 Mb/s in the same test.
VPN Unlimited also lost points in the overall evaluation due to the average response time of 86 ms. Such a high value could cause annoying lag during gaming or video calling. For response speed, as opposed to download and upload, lower is better.
For example, NordVPN performed better in the speed test. We measured its average download speed at 183 Mb/s, upload speed at 103 Mb/s, and average response time at 11 ms.
VPN Unlimited Server Locations
- Number of servers: 3,000The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1661.
- Number of countries: 54The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 40.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇧🇬 Bulgaria 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇪🇪 Estonia 🇫🇮 Finland 🇫🇷 France 🇭🇷 Croatia 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇸 Iceland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇨🇾 Cyprus 🇱🇹 Lithuania 🇱🇻 Latvia 🇱🇺 Luxembourg 🇭🇺 Hungary 🇲🇩 Moldova 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇮🇲 Isle of Man 🇵🇱 Poland 🇵🇹 Portugal 🇦🇹 Austria 🇷🇴 Romania 🇬🇷 Greece 🇸🇰 Slovakia 🇸🇮 Slovenia 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇷🇸 Serbia 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇨🇭 Switzerland 🇹🇷 Turkey 🇺🇦 Ukraine North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇨🇷 Costa Rica 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇦🇷 Argentina 🇧🇷 Brazil 🇨🇱 Chile Asia 🇭🇰 Hong Kong 🇮🇳 India 🇮🇱 Israel 🇯🇵 Japan 🇰🇷 South Korea 🇲🇾 Malaysia 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates 🇻🇳 Vietnam Africa 🇿🇦 South Africa 🇳🇬 Nigeria Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia
The VPN Unlimited network consists of more than 3,000 servers spread across 54 countries around the world. Both of these numbers can be considered average in the context of other VPNs and are sufficient for most users.
Europe is traditionally the most represented, with at least one VPN Unlimited server located on each continent. Countries include the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, and South Africa. Among the less frequented locations, servers are located in Estonia, Costa Rica, Chile, Nigeria, Vietnam, Iceland, and the Isle of Man.
VPN Unlimited also operates servers in India, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates, where local governments restrict or censor Internet use.
The VPN Unlimited application allows automatic connection to the fastest server at the time. Alternatively, the server location can be selected manually from a list or map. An indicator of the current connection quality is displayed for each server. Servers and locations can be added to your favorites so that you do not have to search for them on the map and server list in the future.
All servers are physically located in the country, and none are virtual. Each server fully supports all the features available in the app. The protocols offered are WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2, KeepSolid Wise TLS, KeepSolid Wise TCP, KeepSolid Wise UDP.
VPN Unlimited offers specially modified servers for torrenting and streaming. For heavy users, a reserved VPN server is available for an additional fee.
VPN Unlimited Security Features: DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 93% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 85% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: NoMulti-Hop connection is offered by 20 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 18 % of the reviewed VPNs.
The VPN Unlimited application has DNS leak protection implemented. No requests were leaked during our testing.
VPN Unlimited also has an important kill switch feature that disconnects the device from the Internet if it suddenly loses connection to the VPN server. This prevents the user’s IP address and location from being revealed.
There are six different protocols to choose from in the app’s settings, three of which are modifications from the creators of VPN Unlimited.
WireGuard is an open-source VPN protocol designed for encrypted communication. It is simple, fast, and secure, focusing on better performance. OpenVPN is a popular open-source VPN protocol that allows you to establish a secure and encrypted connection over public or unsecured networks. IKEv2 is an open-source protocol for secure key exchange and creating secure connections within a VPN.
KeepSolid Wise is a proprietary protocol that is only available from VPN Unlimited. Its development was aimed at hiding VPN connections in situations where private networks are blocked. This makes it an ideal choice for use on school or corporate networks, and in countries where VPN use is prohibited. It is offered in three versions: TLS, TCP, UDP.
- TLS: Provides secure communication between devices on the Internet, encrypting data and protecting it from eavesdropping and interference.
- TCP: Provides reliable data transfer between devices with sequence checking and error detection.
- UDP: Provides fast but less reliable data transfer without order checking and error correction.
All transmitted data is protected by 256-bit AES or ChaCha20 encryption.
Multi-hop connectivity is not available with VPN Unlimited. The principle of this feature is to connect through two different VPN servers simultaneously, which increases the level of privacy and security.
For better user account security, VPN Unlimited can be enabled for two-factor authentication, where you will need to enter a code from your email or authentication application along with your password when logging in.
VPN Unlimited & Streaming: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime…
- Amazon Prime: NoAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: NoDisney+ streaming is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: NoHBO streaming is supported by 57 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: NoHulu streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: NoNetflix streaming is supported by 65 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 95 % of reviewed VPNs
VPN Unlimited was only able to unblock a stream from the YouTube platform in our test.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, and Disney Plus did not handle foreign libraries, although VPN Unlimited has dedicated servers for this purpose. Our measured download speeds of 44 Mb/s could also complicate 4K video playback. For this, a speed of at least 50 Mbps is usually specified as necessary.
To unblock foreign streaming platforms, we recommend using, for example, CyberGhost VPN, which made all tested services available.
Features of VPN Unlimited: AdBlock, Static IP…
- Blocks Ads: NoAd blocking is offered by 43 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: NoMalware blocking is offered by 33 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: NoTrackers blocking is offered by 36 % of the VPNs reviewed.
The VPN Unlimited application does not support ad blocking, malware, or trackers.
You can enable a feature in the browser extension that blocks the WebRTC protocol. Through it, the user’s real IP address can be detected, even when connected via VPN. Therefore, some private network providers offer a feature that blocks WebRTC.
VPN Unlimited does not offer a classic camouflage mode that can mask VPN usage. However, a similar feature can be used by selecting the KeepSolid Wise protocol, which can hide VPN usage. Subsequently, it is difficult for ISPs to detect the activated protection.
In a normal subscription, VPN Unlimited includes only a dynamic IP address, which changes every time the VPN server is connected and disconnected. The static IP address is not offered for free. In select countries, for an additional fee, you can get a custom static IP address that will be assigned only to you.
VPN Unlimited‘s CPU usage and App Performance
Like most VPN applications, VPN Unlimited doesn’t overload the computer enough to limit the user’s use of it.
When the application is shut down, the process moves to the background, reducing the performance demand when only RAM is used. In hidden icons, it can be turned off completely. The same applies to the mobile version of the app.
VPN Unlimited Torrenting Servers
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 88 % of the reviewed VPNs.
VPN Unlimited supports torrenting and peer-to-peer file sharing. It offers several specially optimized servers labeled “Torrent”. They are located in Canada, France, Finland, and Romania.
The operator VPN Unlimited has found itself in a US court over alleged copyright infringement. Although the company has not admitted guilt, it has decided to take steps to resolve the dispute, thus avoiding a costly and time-consuming court battle. Access to BitTorrent is therefore blocked from servers located in the US.
When connected to servers specifically designed for torrenting, the application reminds the user to turn on the kill switch function so that if the connection to the VPN server is lost, the user’s real IP address is not revealed. Servers with a static IP address reserved for a single user are offered by VPN Unlimited for an additional fee.
What is the country of origin of VPN Unlimited?
- VPN Provider: KeepSolid Inc.
- Country of origin: 🇺🇸 USA
VPN Unlimited is operated by the New York-based company KeepSolid Inc. Founded in 2013, the company specializes in Internet security, developing the Passwarden password manager, SmartDNS software for overcoming geo-restrictions, and DNS Firewall along with VPNs.
The United States is part of the Five Eyes alliance, a group of countries whose police and intelligence agencies can monitor users’ movements on the Internet. Additionally, they can share the intelligence they gather with each other to ensure national security.
VPN Unlimited and Privacy: Logging Policy, Security Issues…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 78% of reviewed VPNs.
VPN Unlimited states that it does not store the user’s IP address or information about the operating system in use after the connection session ends. Neither is data collected regarding VPN usage, websites visited, or other Internet activity.
Personal information needed to maintain a user account with VPN Unlimited is not sold or shared without prior consent. Exceptions include legal requests for data release by police or government authorities.
To date, there is not a single known public case of VPN Unlimited selling or giving user data to the government or police.
Multi-hop connectivity is not currently offered by VPN Unlimited, but the introduction of this feature is planned. Multi-hop has the advantage of connecting through two different VPN servers simultaneously, resulting in increased connection security.
All VPN Unlimited servers are equipped with physical hard drives; none of them are equipped with RAM only. Servers with RAM memory cannot store data for long periods of time, which contributes to a higher level of user privacy.
An independent audit from a reputable company would add even more credibility to the VPN Unlimited service.
VPN Unlimited Support: Chat, e-mail…
Customer support is provided via chat at VPN Unlimited and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We received an immediate response to a query sent via chat. Inquiries sent by email were answered within a few hours.
There is also a FAQ section on the site, with tutorials for different types of equipment and solutions to common problems.
VPN Unlimited FAQ
Is VPN Unlimited secure?The VPN Unlimited application has DNS leak protection and a kill switch security feature that disconnects the device from the Internet if the connection to the VPN server suddenly fails. So far, there is not a single known case of user data being leaked or sold. VPN Unlimited can be considered relatively secure. The service would benefit from an independent audit by a reputable company to further enhance its credibility.
Is VPN Unlimited free?VPN Unlimited is a paid VPN service. The most affordable lifetime subscription option works out to just $1.67 per month when used for 10 years. Prior to purchase, a trial version can be used for 7 days with VPN Unlimited, and after purchase, the user is protected by a 30 days of money-back guarantee.
Is VPN Unlimited a good VPN?VPN Unlimited is an average VPN, receiving a 6.6/10 in our test. The app offers all the basic features, six different protocols, and a convenient lifetime subscription. On the other hand, it has shortcomings in connection speed, unblocking foreign video content, and the lack of a security audit.
VPN Unlimited 💵 VPN Price: $1.67/mo 📱 Device limit: 5 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: No 🔌 Router Support: Yes 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 3,000 🗺️Country of origin: USA
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- Android: 8 ways to better protect your privacy
- How to Choose a VPN: A Simple Guide for Beginners
- 📺 10× Best VPN for Netflix: They unblock US stream in 4K
- “EU Business Register” spam: what happens if you do not pay
- Why We Recommend Using a VPN Every Day
- Disney Plus: Subscription Prices in 61 Countries 
- Best Free VPNs 2023: 10 Tips for Netflix, Android, and iOS
- MacOS: 8 Ways to Protect Your Privacy
- Amazon Prime Video: Subscription Prices in 57 Countries [2023 Edition]
- Chrome :
- Android TV: