Kaspersky VPN Review 2023: 6 Cons and 5 Pros
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Fast VPN with excellent server response
- Low number of servers compared to competitors (2,000)
- Collects more user data than competitors
- Stream unblocking is only available on some services
- VPN can only be used simultaneously on 5 devices
- Missing apps for smart TVs and game consoles
- Does not support use on a router
- Good download 103 MB/s and upload 126 MB/s
- Excellent server response 12 ms
- Quality basic features
- Friendly subscription price $2.20 per month
- The app is available in 29 languages
The Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is one of the many services, alongside antivirus or password manager, backed by the company of the same name, founded in 1999.
The range of features offered by Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection can be considered standard compared to competing VPNs. The connection speed is above average, and the server response is very low. An active VPN connection can be used simultaneously on 5 different devices.
The Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection applications are only available for the most widely used platforms. Overall, however, the VPN can be considered a very good product at a good price.
We can recommend Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection to users looking for an easy-to-use VPN with basic features and a low price. The advantage is the ability to combine the VPN with other Kaspersky products, such as antivirus or an Internet security package.
Subscription Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Discount coupon, trial version, money-back guarantee…
- Your Price:
$4.7453% off $2.20 /mo (5 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (30 days)
- Free Trial: Yes (7 days)
- Cryptocurrency payments: NoBitcoin :No
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection offers monthly and annual subscriptions; both packages are the same in terms of content. The annual subscription comes out cheaper.
The price of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is lower compared to comparable competitors, although CyberGhost VPN or Private Internet Access are even cheaper. You can take advantage of a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
The trial version of the VPN is not available, but the free variant can be used indefinitely Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection Free, which also works without registration. Compared to the paid variant, the disadvantage is the limited number of available features.
The subscription Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection can be paid by Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and American Express, or by bank transfer. When ordering, you can choose whether to renew your subscription automatically.
- Your Price:
Device support at Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: 5
- Android:YesAndroid is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:NoAndroid TV is supported by 41 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:NoApple TV is supported by 23 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:NoFire TV is supported by 42 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:NoChromebook is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:NoChromecast is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:NoKodi is supported by 27 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:NoLinux is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:NoNAS is supported by 30 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:NonVidia Shield is supported by 26 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:NoPlaystation is supported by 28 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:NoRoku is supported by 24 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:NoRouter is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:NoxBox is supported by 28 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave :NoThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 53 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :NoThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 53 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :NoThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 21 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :NoThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 38 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :NoThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 53 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 1 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :NoThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 53 % of reviewed VPNs.
With the paid version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, you can connect to up to 5 devices at the same time. Compared to competitors, this is a lower number, for example Surfshark offers 999 simultaneously connectable devices. Kaspersky counts only those devices that are currently logged in under the user’s account in the number of devices logged in. This can be combined with the free version.
The Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection app is available for Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS devices. Unfortunately, apps for smart TVs and game consoles are not available. The service does not include browser extensions and support for use on a router. However, it can still cater to a large number of users with this offering.
According to the website Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, the app cannot be downloaded and installed in Belarus, China, Iran, Qatar, Oman, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.
Application Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English +28 more🇪🇸 Spanish 🇷🇺 Russian 🇩🇪 German 🇹🇷 Turkish 🇫🇷 French 🇮🇹 Italian 🇸🇪 Swedish 🇵🇹 Portuguese 🇰🇷 Korean 🇳🇱 Dutch 🇯🇵 Japanese 🇳🇴 Bokmal 🇩🇰 Danish 🇹🇭 Thai 🇫🇮 Finnish 🇷🇴 Romanian 🇨🇳 Chinese 🇦🇪 Arabic 🇨🇿 Czech 🇭🇺 Hungarian 🇬🇷 Greek 🇻🇳 Vietnamese 🇧🇬 Bulgarian 🇺🇦 Ukrainian 🇪🇪 Estonian 🇱🇹 Lithuanian 🇱🇻 Latvian 🇷🇸 Serbian
- Whitelisting: NoWhitelisting is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
150 MB of free space is required to download the Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection app. The download itself was quick and easy; the app guides the user through a quick tutorial on how to use it immediately after downloading.
The app’s look is almost no different on mobile devices and computers. The app is simple to use, so even inexperienced users will find it easy to navigate. The advantage of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is the localization of the app into 29 languages. There is also English among them.
The app supports automatic start-up and connection to the VPN as soon as the device is turned on. In the paid version, you can choose from the available servers, while with Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection Free, the server is assigned automatically.
Kaspersky supports the whitelist function, so in the settings, you can exempt selected applications and websites from connecting via VPN servers.
Connection speed and traffic for Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection like all paid VPNs does not limit users in the amount of data transferred.
In our testing, we achieved very satisfactory results in both download speed (103 MB/s) and upload speed (126 MB/s). There were fluctuations in connection speeds across different servers, a common occurrence with all VPNs. Kaspersky’s connection speed always exceeded the 50 MB/s threshold required for 4K video playback.
The measured response speed 12 ms Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection ranks among the better VPNs on the market.
Interestingly, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection was named the winning VPN in the 2022 AV-TEST speed tests.
Country and VPN server offerings at Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
- Number of servers: 2,000The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1549.
- Number of countries: 33The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 39.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇵🇱 Poland 🇦🇹 Austria 🇷🇴 Romania 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇨🇭 Switzerland 🇹🇷 Turkey 🇺🇦 Ukraine North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇦🇷 Argentina 🇧🇷 Brazil Asia 🇵🇭 Philippines 🇭🇰 Hong Kong 🇮🇳 India 🇯🇵 Japan 🇰🇷 South Korea 🇷🇺 Russia 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates Africa 🇿🇦 South Africa Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection uses the servers of HotspotShield Premium, a competing VPN provider, for its needs.
Users of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection currently have a choice of 2,000 servers in 33 countries around the world. The servers are spread across all continents, with the largest number of servers in Europe and Asia.
The range of countries at Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection can be considered average compared to other VPN providers. The number of servers is below average, but it always depends on the number of users and the current load for comfortable usage. During our testing, the lower number of servers did not negatively affect the speed or stability of the connection.
Security at Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: DNS protection, kill switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 96% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 82% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 12 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection offers DNS protection and a kill switch feature that immediately disconnects the user from the Internet in the event of a VPN failure. This prevents the user’s identity from being revealed or their data from being compromised. The kill switch feature is available for both the desktop and mobile app.
To create secure connections, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection uses a combination of OpenVPN and HotspotShield’s Hydra Protocol, which is considered secure. Along with that, it uses 256-bit encryption.
Unfortunately, it does not provide other forms of security Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. If you’re looking for comprehensive protection, we recommend using NordVPN, Surfshark, or purchasing additional security software from Kaspersky.
VPN streaming on Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Netflix, Youtube, Amazon…
- Amazon Prime: YesAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: YesDisney+ streaming is supported by 49 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: YesHBO streaming is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: YesHulu streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: YesNetflix streaming is supported by 64 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 83 % of reviewed VPNs
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection doesn’t boast much on its site about its ability to unblock streaming services. We managed to unblock the streaming video with mixed results.
We’ve had success with streaming Netflix, YouTube, HBO, and Hulu. Connection speeds exceeded the 50 MB/s needed to play 4K video.
We were unable to unblock the Amazon Prime and Disney+ video stream despite repeated attempts.
If you’re looking for VPN for Netflix and other streaming platforms, we recommend giving a competing service a try. For example, ExpressVPN performs very well.
Function Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Adblock, static IP address…
- Blocks Ads: NoAd blocking is offered by 48 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: NoMalware blocking is offered by 45 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: NoTrackers blocking is offered by 42 % of the VPNs reviewed.
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection offers rather basic features compared to the competition. If you’re looking for a VPN with maximum features and the latest features, we recommend choosing, for example, Ivacy VPN. On the other hand, the number of Kaspersky features is adequate for the subscription price ($2.20 per month).
The Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection app supports a kill switch feature that prevents users’ data from being leaked by immediately disconnecting the device from the Internet in the event of a VPN failure. Through the whitelist function, you can again select applications and websites on which the VPN will not be applied.
Auto Connection can be used to select the fastest and most stable server, and an interesting feature Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is the ability to choose your own virtual location. There is also a split tunnel feature for securing the most sensitive applications.
Of the frequently available features, we miss static IP address, ad blocking support, malware blocking, and tracker blocking with Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection.
Computer load with Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
In most cases, Kaspersky applications don’t have too much demand on device performance, which is also true for Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. Compared to competing VPNs, the load on the computer used for testing was lower.
The load on the device can be further reduced by disabling certain features, such as automatic application start-up, if necessary.
VPN torrent and Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 87 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection supports torrenting on all offered servers. During the tests, downloading and uploading were fast and smooth.
However, unlike some competing VPNs, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection does not offer servers specifically optimized for P2P and torrenting.
The Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection also has the disadvantage of collecting more user data than competing VPNs. This has a negative impact on user privacy. Those who value maximum security and privacy will find much better VPNs for torrenting on the market.
HQ Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
- Country of origin: 🇷🇺 Russia
Kaspersky Lab is one of the world’s largest privately held Internet security companies. Founded in 1997 in Moscow, the Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection service is another product line alongside antivirus or mobile software. Kaspersky has its de facto headquarters in Moscow, although the holding company is based in the UK.
For its operations, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection uses the Hotspot Shield servers of AnchorFree, Inc. based in USA. While the United States is known for tracking users, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection has tools to ensure their anonymity.
Privacy and Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Log storage, security…
- No-Logs Policy: PartiallyThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 85% of reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: NoMulti-Hop connection is offered by 30 % of the VPNs reviewed.
Although Kaspersky states that it does not store logs of its users’ activity, the situation is somewhat opaque. In fact, the servers needed to run the VPN are outsourced to Hotspot Shield.
User data Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is stored on servers in Switzerland. Consent to provide personal data for marketing and service improvement can be turned off in the application.
Hotspot Shield states in its terms and conditions that it does not collect data about the sites visited that can be directly linked to a specific user account. The company does, however, collect anonymized data on domains visited by users Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. Logs of the time and amount of data transferred, device identifiers, analytics, and marketing data are also collected and stored. IP addresses are also stored for the approximate user location and ISP data.
Thus, compared to competing services, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection collects significantly more data. For users desiring the maximum level of privacy and anonymity, this may be a reason to prefer another VPN.
So far, there is no known case of Kaspersky data leakage.
Support at Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection: Chat, email…
The primary support channel for Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is the form on the company’s website, which is different for residential and corporate customers.
In testing Kaspersky technical support, our query was answered within an hour.
The Kaspersky website also has an FAQ section with answers to frequently asked questions. The main Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection page itself is also informative enough that you can find the answers to most questions there already.
FAQ on Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
Is Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection secure?For users using the VPN for routine tasks, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is secure enough, thanks to the implemented kill switch feature, for example. There is also not a single known case of Kaspersky leaking user data. However, if you require the maximum level of privacy and anonymity, we recommend you prefer a VPN with more security features. A suitable VPN for this purpose is, for example, Proton VPN Plus.
What advantages does Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection have over competing VPNs?The main advantage of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection is its speed, which in test measurements, reached values several times above the threshold required to play 4K videos. In addition, it was rated the best VPN in AV-TEST speed tests in 2022.
Does the Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection app support my device?The Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection app supports Windows, iOS, macOS, and Android. If your device uses any of these four platforms, you can install the app without any problems. VPNs cannot be downloaded and installed in Belarus, China, Iran, Qatar, Oman, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection 💵 VPN Price: $2.20/mo 📱 Device limit: 5 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: Yes 🔌 Router Support: No 📄 No-Logs Policy: Partially 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 2,000 🗺️Country of origin: Russia
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- YouTube Premium: Subscription Prices by Country
- Free VPN: These Seven Things to Watch Out For
- How to Install a VPN on a Mac
- How to Set Up a VPN on Android
- Get YouTube Premium for 80¢ a Month. Here’s how to do it
- How to Set Up a VPN on Your Router
- How to Install a VPN in Your Browser
- Black Friday VPN Deals 2023: Up to 85% off Surfshark and Atlas VPN
- How to use a VPN: Anonymity, Netflix, and Foreign Streams
- Why We Recommend Using a VPN Every Day
- Chrome :
- Android TV: