Atlas VPN Pro Review 2023: 4 Cons and 4 Pros
Atlas VPN Pro: 4 Disadvantages & 4 Advantages
- AtlasVPN can store larger amounts of data
- Small setup and customization options
- Small range of apps for devices
- Sub-average range of locations and servers
- Security Audit
- Good overall connection speed
- No restrictions on data transfer and connected devices
- Low price
AtlasVPN is the VPN provider of the American company Peakstar Technologies Inc.
In addition to the paid version, it also offers a completely free VPN. Atlas VPN does not limit the number of devices connected simultaneously, nor does it limit data transfer. The apps are for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS only. Connection speeds were good, even on most remote servers. AtlasVPN is able to unblock streaming services and offers streaming support on all of its servers.
AtlasVPN is good for those who don’t need a VPN for smart TVs and other devices. They don’t mind more data that Atlas VPN can store about users, nor do they mind apps without more customization. In other ways, Atlas VPN is a good VPN that deserves consideration.
Atlas VPN Pro Subscription: Discount Code, Free Trial, Money Back Guarantee…
- Your Price:
$9.9985% off $1.46 /mo (999 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (30 days)
- Free Trial: No
- Cryptocurrency payments: NoBitcoin :No
Atlas VPN offers monthly, annual and three-year subscriptions. All subscriptions come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can use a credit card, Google Pay, and PayPal for payment.
In addition to the paid version, Atlas VPN also offers a free version of its VPN that also serves as a trial version without the ability to use all the features and servers.
- Your Price:
Atlas VPN Pro and Supported Devices: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: Unlimited
- Android:YesAndroid is supported by 99 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:NoAndroid TV is supported by 37 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:NoApple TV is supported by 26 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:NoFire TV is supported by 39 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:NoChromebook is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:NoChromecast is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 97 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:NoKodi is supported by 27 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:NoLinux is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 97 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:NoNAS is supported by 32 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:NonVidia Shield is supported by 27 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:NoPlaystation is supported by 31 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:NoRoku is supported by 26 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:NoRouter is supported by 53 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:NoxBox is supported by 31 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave :NoThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :NoThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :NoThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 16 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :NoThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 38 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :NoThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 2 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :NoThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
AtlasVPN does not limit the number of connected devices. Atlas VPN apps are only available for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. This can be a hindrance for users who have smart TVs, Chromebooks, or other devices. VPN is also not available through browser extensions.
Atlas VPN Pro App: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English
- Whitelisting: NoWhitelisting is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
The AtlasVPN desktop app offers the option to automatically turn on when the device starts up. The whitelist feature is not available. The only language available is English.
While most competing VPNs offer more configuration and customization options, Atlas VPN only offers a simple base.
The apps are easy to use and intuitive, with only light mode available. Dark mode is not offered by the app.
Atlas VPN Pro Connection Speed: Upload, Download & Latency
Atlas VPN Pro has no data transfer limit. We were satisfied with the speed of the VPN connection to the nearest server. Atlas VPN is one of the faster VPNs in our test. The nearest server speed test was easily enough for a 4K connection by a wide margin.
We measured mixed results when testing the speed of the more distant servers, but overall the speed was adequate.
Atlas VPN Pro Server Locations
- Number of servers: 700The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1436.
- Number of countries: 31The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 38.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇧🇬 Bulgaria 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇪🇪 Estonia 🇫🇮 Finland 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇱🇻 Latvia 🇭🇺 Hungary 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇵🇱 Poland 🇦🇹 Austria 🇷🇴 Romania 🇸🇰 Slovakia 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇷🇸 Serbia 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇨🇭 Switzerland North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇺🇸 USA South America Asia 🇭🇰 Hong Kong 🇮🇳 India 🇯🇵 Japan 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates Africa Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia
AtlasVPN offers more than 700 servers in 31 countries. Compared to other VPN providers, AtlasVPN is below average in terms of countries and north. But even with 31 countries on offer, most users can get by without too much trouble.
You’ll find all the major and major countries in the server offerings, but also countries suitable for circumventing local censorship like Hong Kong or the United Arab Emirates. Unfortunately, Russia, Malaysia and others are missing.
All AtlasVPN servers are optimized for streaming.
Atlas VPN Pro Security Features: DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 95% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 80% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 7 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Both the mobile and desktop versions of the app offer a VPN kill switch to protect against user data leakage in the event of a connection failure. Also, DNS is protected against leaks in Atlas VPN and its privacy is ensured thanks to its own library of DNS addresses.
For mobile devices, Atlas VPN offers blocking of known dangerous malware sites.
Multiple VPN connections are not offered in AtlasVPN.
AES-256 encryption along with IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard protocol takes care of VPN security.
AtlasVPN had its iOS app security and APIs tested by an independent cyber security company, and no major vulnerabilities were found in the test. All vulnerabilities found have been fixed.
Atlas VPN Pro & Streaming: Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Prime…
- Amazon Prime: YesAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 46 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: YesDisney+ streaming is supported by 45 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: YesHBO streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: YesHulu streaming is supported by 44 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: YesNetflix streaming is supported by 61 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 81 % of reviewed VPNs
All 31 servers are optimized for streaming. However, this does not mean that it is possible to unblock streaming libraries for all countries. Atlas VPN can unblock select libraries for streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, YouTube, and more.
Features of Atlas VPN Pro: AdBlock, Static IP…
- Blocks Ads: YesAd blocking is offered by 48 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: YesMalware blocking is offered by 45 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: YesTrackers blocking is offered by 41 % of the VPNs reviewed.
The mobile app offers protection against password leaks for your accounts. The check is done by comparing your email addresses against the database that Atlas VPN offers for leaks.
The function of constantly changing the IP address is offered by three special locations with a function called SafeSwap. These servers serve to provide more privacy by hiding your activity among several IP addresses without having to disconnect and reconnect.
Another advanced feature of Atlas VPN is ad blocking and tracker blocking. This feature is only available on iOS and Android devices.
Atlas VPN Pro‘s CPU usage and App Performance
App load is among the above-average, with AtlasVPN claiming more performance than most competing VPNs, both when the app is on and even more so when connected to the VPN. However, there’s no visible slowdown of the device while using the app.
However, there’s no harm in turning the app off altogether when you’re not using AtlasVPN. This can be done either in the taskbar or the task manager.
Atlas VPN Pro Torrenting Servers
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 86 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Atlas VPN offers P2P file sharing with the privacy protection that a VPN provides. With a VPN, your torrent usage will be anonymous. We recommend that you always use the kill switch feature when torrenting to ensure uninterrupted privacy of your connection.
What is the country of origin of Atlas VPN Pro?
- Country of origin: 🇺🇸 USA
Atlas VPN is owned by Peakstar Technologies Inc. The company is headquartered in the USA, which falls under the so-called Five-Eyes countries. These are a group of countries that are known for surveillance of citizens by secret services and passing information across the group.
However, as long as the VPN doesn’t store logs of activity while connected (which Atlas VPN doesn’t), it’s safe to use a VPN provider from that country as well.
AtlasVPN also has a special section on its site with transparent data on the number of government or national security requests to release information about its users. At the time of testing, AtlasVPN states that no user information has ever been requested from them, nor has any data been stolen.
Atlas VPN Pro and Privacy: Logging Policy, Security Issues…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 86% of reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: YesMulti-Hop connection is offered by 31 % of the VPNs reviewed.
Atlas VPN does not store any logs of the sites visited or user activity when connecting through the VPN.
It stores app usage data and basic data about device type, model, operating system, brand name, device ID, language, time zone, and connection city. Analytical data on installation method and source and advertising IDs are also used to measure the success of campaigns.
The data that AtlasVPN stores is more than most VPN providers. This can present a hurdle for people who want maximum privacy.
Atlas VPN Pro Support: Chat, e-mail…
Support is offered on the Atlas VPN website with a database of tutorials and solutions to common problems. You can also find frequently asked questions about Atlas VPN on the site. The database is not extensive, this form of support is supplemented by 24/7 live support via email.
Atlas VPN Pro
Atlas VPN Pro 💵 VPN Price: $1.46/mo 📱 Device limit: Unlimited 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: Yes 🔌 Router Support: No 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 700 🗺️Country of origin: USA
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- Best Free VPNs 2023: 10 Tips for Netflix, Android, and iOS
- Black Friday VPN Deals 2023: Up to 85% off Surfshark and Atlas VPN
- Top 10: Best and Fastest VPNs
- How to Watch Foreign Netflix via VPN
- 📺 10× Best VPN for Netflix: They unblock US stream in 4K
- How to Install and Use a VPN on a PC
- Airbnb long-term rental scam: Red flags and exposed scammers
- How to install a VPN on an iPhone
- Why We Recommend Using a VPN Every Day
- Windows 10: Eight Ways You Can Protect Your Privacy
- Chrome :
- Android TV: