Panda Dome VPN Free Review 2023 Review: 7 cons and 2 pros
Panda Dome VPN Free: Free VPN With a Daily Traffic Limit of 150 MB
- Daily data transfer limit of only 150 MB
- Low number of servers (1,000)
- Below average download (53 MB/s) and upload (44 MB/s)
- Missing kill switch feature
- Only supports basic platforms
- Cannot select a server, the application selects it automatically
- App is not third party verified
- Free for unlimited time
- Offers multiple features in one app
The Panda Dome VPN Free is a free service that offers an antivirus program, an external device scanner, and a dark web scanner in addition to a VPN to scan for possible email and password leaks.
The big drawback of Panda Dome VPN Free is the daily data transfer limit of only 150 MB, which makes it unusable for streaming video and transferring large amounts of data. The VPN is sufficient for use for shorter periods of time, for example, when connecting to public Wi-Fi networks.
Another limitation is the inability to select a destination server, the app will select it automatically during connection. In the paid variant Panda Dome VPN, the user can choose the server and is not limited by the amount of data transferred.
The Panda Dome VPN Free is only recommended for users who are not too demanding. If you’re looking for a VPN with a higher level of security, faster speeds, and minimal restrictions, we recommend you prefer NordVPN or Surfshark.
Panda Dome VPN Free Subscription: Discount Code, Free Trial, Money Back Guarantee…
- Your Price:
Free (2 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: No
- Free Trial: No
- Cryptocurrency payments: NoBitcoin :No
Panda Dome VPN Free is free; it can only be used on 2 devices at the same time.
The paid version Panda Dome VPN at $2.56 per month offers unlimited data transfers, 200 of servers in 24 countries around the world and other extra features. The advantage is also the speed of download 388 MB/s and upload 91 MB/s. The paid version is thus suitable for activities requiring large amounts of data transfer.
- Your Price:
Panda Dome VPN Free and Supported Devices: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: 2
- Android:YesAndroid is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:NoAndroid TV is supported by 41 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:NoApple TV is supported by 23 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:NoFire TV is supported by 42 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:NoChromebook is supported by 17 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:NoChromecast is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:NoKodi is supported by 27 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:NoLinux is supported by 55 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:NoNAS is supported by 30 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:NonVidia Shield is supported by 26 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:NoPlaystation is supported by 28 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 21 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:NoRoku is supported by 24 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:NoRouter is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:NoxBox is supported by 28 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave :NoThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :NoThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :NoThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 20 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :NoThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 38 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :NoThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 1 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :NoThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 51 % of reviewed VPNs.
With one account, Panda Dome VPN Free can only be used on 2 devices. For the paid version Panda Dome VPN, the limit is set to 5 devices.
The Panda Dome VPN Free apps are only available for the core Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS platforms. Smart TVs, game consoles, and routers are not supported.
Browser extensions Panda Dome VPN Free do not offer it.
Panda Dome VPN Free App: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- Traffic limit: 4.5 GB per month
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English +18 more🇨🇳 Chinese 🇩🇰 Danish 🇫🇷 French 🇮🇹 Italian 🇩🇪 German 🇳🇱 Dutch 🇵🇱 Polish 🇵🇹 Portuguese 🇷🇺 Russian 🇸🇰 Slovak 🇪🇸 Spanish 🇸🇪 Swedish 🇹🇷 Turkish 🇧🇬 Bulgarian 🇫🇮 Finnish 🇭🇺 Hungarian 🇬🇷 Greek 🇳🇴 Norwegian
- Whitelisting: NoWhitelisting is supported by 53 % of reviewed VPNs
In terms of appearance and features offered, the Panda Dome VPN Free desktop and mobile apps are similar. Regarding features offered, they are among the lesser-equipped VPNs compared to others.
Using the app is quite simple due to the limited features, just click on the icon and connect. In the free version, the server is selected automatically; in the paid version Panda Dome VPN, the user can choose it.
Features of Panda Dome VPN Free do not include a whitelist, which allows you to select sites on which the VPN will not be used. Users can only transfer 150 MB of data per day. Once this quota is exhausted, a warning will be displayed, and the connection will no longer be secured via VPN.
Applications Panda Dome VPN Free are available in 19 languages. English is among them.
Panda Dome VPN Free Connection Speed: Upload, Download & Latency
Compared to the other VPNs tested, Panda Dome VPN Free performed below average.
In repeated measurements, the download speed averaged 53 MB/s, and the upload value averaged 44 MB/s. The bigger limitation in the case of Panda Dome VPN Free is not the speed itself but rather the 150 MB of data that can be transferred in a day at most.
Some of the fastest VPNs without data transfer limits include Proton VPN Plus (download average 334 MB/s) or ExpressVPN (203 MB/s).
The server response speed of Panda Dome VPN Free was on average 12 ms. This value is good in the context of other VPNs.
Panda Dome VPN Free Server Locations
- Number of servers: 1,000The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1540.
- Number of countries: 24The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 39.
Europe 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇹🇷 Turkey North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇧🇷 Brazil Asia 🇮🇳 India 🇯🇵 Japan 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇭🇰 Hong Kong 🇷🇺 Russia Africa 🇿🇦 South Africa Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia
The Panda Dome VPN Free offers over 1,000 servers in 24 countries around the world. Compared to paid VPNs, these are significantly worse numbers; for example, Surfshark offers 3,200 servers in 97 countries around the world.
Every continent has at least one Panda Dome VPN Free server, and the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Australia are among the available countries. Servers are also available in Russia, Singapore and Hong Kong, where government censorship can be encountered.
In addition, users of Panda Dome VPN Free cannot choose the server or the country in which they connect.
Panda Dome VPN Free Security Features: DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 96% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: NoKill Switch is supported by 82% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 12 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Panda Dome VPN Free offers 256-bit encryption, GRE, and IPSec. The only protocol available is Hydra, which is based on OpenVPN.
DNS leak protection and two-factor authentication are available among the features that enhance user security. The lack of a kill switch, which disconnects the user from the Internet if the connection to the VPN server is lost, can be considered a shortcoming. This protects the data and prevents possible disclosure of the real IP address.
Missing security features in Panda Dome VPN Free also include multi-hop connectivity or Tor support.
We consider the overall security level of Panda Dome VPN Free to be rather basic. For occasional use by an undemanding user, it is at a sufficient level. For regular use and maximum security, we recommend choosing a different solution.
Panda Dome VPN Free & Streaming: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime…
- Amazon Prime: NoAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: NoDisney+ streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: NoHBO streaming is supported by 50 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: NoHulu streaming is supported by 46 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: NoNetflix streaming is supported by 62 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 83 % of reviewed VPNs
In testing Panda Dome VPN Free, we were only able to unblock YouTube and HBO streams. All attempts to unblock Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and Hulu have failed.
Although download speeds exceeded the 50 MB/s required for 4K video playback, Panda Dome VPN Free is not a suitable solution for streaming. It can’t cope with most streaming platforms, and users are severely limited by the daily limit of 150 MB of data transferred.
To unblock streaming video, we recommend choosing Surfshark or NordVPN.
Features of Panda Dome VPN Free: AdBlock, Static IP…
- Blocks Ads: NoAd blocking is offered by 48 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: NoMalware blocking is offered by 43 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: NoTrackers blocking is offered by 42 % of the VPNs reviewed.
Panda Dome VPN Free can’t block ads, malware or trackers. There is only antivirus protection that scans files on computers and ensures the security of the device.
Rounding out the list of security features is a dark web scanner that monitors websites and can detect personal data leaked onto the Internet. It does not offer a static IP address Panda Dome VPN Free.
Panda Dome VPN Free‘s CPU usage and App Performance
The Panda Dome VPN Free is relatively low on system resources, and we did not experience a significant spike in computer load during testing.
However, we didn’t like the app’s behavior, which is unfortunately not unique to VPNs. When you click on the cross, the app hides in the system tray under the icon but continues running in the background. To turn it off completely, you need to use the Task Manager.
Panda Dome VPN Free Torrenting Servers
- Torrenting servers: NoTorrenting support is offered by 87 % of the reviewed VPNs.
The free Panda Dome VPN Free does not support torrenting.
Only the paid version of Panda Dome VPN can be used for torrenting. The best VPNs for torrents on the market include CyberGhost VPN, NordVPN or Ivacy VPN. All of them offer unlimited data transfer, high download and upload speeds, and top-notch security.
What is the country of origin of Panda Dome VPN Free?
- Country of origin: 🇪🇸 Spain
The operator of Panda Dome VPN Free is the Spanish company Panda Security SL, whose first product was an antivirus released in 1998. The parent company is WatchGuard Technologies, Inc., based in the USA.
Spain is part of the 14 Eyes alliance of countries that share security information among themselves. Because the country is a member of the European Union, users of Panda Dome VPN Free are subject to GDPR-compliant data protection.
Panda Dome VPN Free and Privacy: Logging Policy, Security Issues…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 85% of reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: NoMulti-Hop connection is offered by 32 % of the VPNs reviewed.
According to the operator’s claims, Panda Dome VPN Free does not collect users’ personal information. The company does not store IP addresses, activity logs, or other identifiers.
Security features missing from Panda Dome VPN Free include multi-hop, where the connection is routed through several servers in a row, thus achieving a higher level of security. Multi-hop is not a standard feature of free VPN.
The provider Panda Dome VPN Free has not passed a security audit. However, at the time of writing this review, there was no known case of Panda Dome VPN Free users’ data being leaked.
Panda Dome VPN Free Support: Chat, e-mail…
Technical support for the free version of Panda Dome VPN Free is available exclusively via a form on the website. No other method is supported.
Panda Dome VPN Free FAQ
Is Panda Dome VPN Free good?The Panda Dome VPN Free is a free VPN for low-maintenance users, and in our test, it received a rating of 6.2/10. The service lacks support for the kill switch security feature, can only be used on 2 devices, and limits users to 150 MB of data transferred per day. For more demanding users, we recommend NordVPN (rating 9.4/10) or Surfshark (9.0/10).
Is Panda Dome VPN Free secure?The Panda Dome VPN Free uses 256-bit encryption and its operator claims that it does not keep any logs of user activity. On the other hand, the VPN lacks important security features such as a kill switch. To achieve the maximum level of security and anonymity in use, we recommend giving preference to, for example, Proton VPN Plus.
Is Panda Dome VPN Free free?Yes, Panda Dome VPN Free can be used for free for an unlimited amount of time. The downside of the free option is a few restrictions, where you cannot choose a specific server, and a 150 MB per day data transfer limit is applied. The paid variant Panda Dome VPN does not have these restrictions.
Panda Dome VPN Free
Panda Dome VPN Free 💵 VPN Price: Free 📱 Device limit: 2 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: No 🔌 Router Support: No 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: No 🖥️Number of servers: 1,000 🗺️Country of origin: Spain
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- Dangerous supplements: 12 products, spam, and fake doctors
- How to Choose a VPN: A Simple Guide for Beginners
- YouTube Premium: Subscription Prices by Country
- Best Free VPNs 2023: 10 Tips for Netflix, Android, and iOS
- The 3 Best VPNs for Watching F1 from Around the World
- Why We Recommend Using a VPN Every Day
- Netflix prices in 245 countries (2023 EDITION)
- Top 10: Best and Fastest VPNs
- Review: Brave Free Internet Browser Protects Your Privacy
- Best VPN for Android 2023: 10 (un)paid options
- Chrome :
- Android TV: