Personal VPN Pro Review 2023: 4 Cons and 2 Pros
Personal VPN Pro Features a Stealth Mode That Conceals VPN Usage
- Limited to 5 simultaneous device connections
- Subscription cost of $5.83 per month is higher than competitors
- Average number of servers (300) and standard VPN features only
- Application is only available in English
- Stealth mode makes active VPN detection challenging
- Also operational in China
The provider of Personal VPN Pro is WiTopia, Inc., an American company primarily engaged in developing products to protect users’ data and privacy while navigating the internet. WiTopia also provides protection for email accounts and Wi-Fi routers. The VPN itself has been available since 2005.
Personal VPN Pro offers three distinct subscription options, each targeting a different user base. These different subscription types can be mixed within a single account, and a single variant can be bought up to 100 times. The reviewed Pro plan features a Stealth mode that complicates the detection of active VPN connections. Hence, Personal VPN Pro can be utilized in China and other countries where privacy is paramount. Simultaneously, this feature aids in unblocking and stabilizing streaming services.
The security level varies among subscription options. In all cases, support for 256-bit encryption combined with multiple available protocols is provided.
The subscription cost of Personal VPN Pro may deter some users as it is higher than other VPNs of similar or superior quality. Personal VPN Pro also falls short in terms of the range of supported features, and its 300 available servers are below average.
Personal VPN Pro Subscription: Discount Code, Free Trial, Money Back Guarantee…
- Your Price:
$10.0090% off $5.83 /mo (5 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (30 days)
- Free Trial: No
- Cryptocurrency payments: NoBitcoin :No
Subscriptions can be easily obtained from the Personal VPN Pro website. Users can choose from three subscription options that differ in price and offerings:
- Personal VPN Pro Basic is the most affordable option and includes only basic features.
- Personal VPN Pro Pro comes with enhanced security and additional features including Stealth mode. This option is recommended for users who will be using VPNs in censorship-heavy countries.
- Personal VPN Pro Premier allows router connection, making it particularly suitable for offices and larger homes.
The subscription period can be selected for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years. Additionally, only Personal VPN Pro Premier can be billed monthly. Up to 100 subscriptions can be held under a single user account, extending the number of devices that can connect simultaneously.
The most cost-effective subscription is a prepaid 3-year plan. On a per-month basis, it costs $5.83, while the least favorable option is $10.00. Personal VPN Pro is more expensive than competitors like NordVPN or Surfshark.
Personal VPN Pro offers a money-back guarantee within 30 days on all subscription options. The request must be made before the expiration of this period.
Personal VPN Pro subscriptions can be set up without a user account; simply provide an email address and password to create one. In the mobile app, the first and last names are also required. The email address is not verified. Payment can be made using credit or debit cards or PayPal. No other options are available. Personal VPN Pro subscriptions renew automatically at the end of the paid period.
Neither a free option nor a trial version of Personal VPN Pro is available. To try the service, you can utilize the 30 days of money-back guarantee or opt for the shortest monthly subscription.
- Your Price:
Personal VPN Pro and Supported Devices: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: 5
- Android: YesAndroid is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:NoAndroid TV is supported by 37 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:NoApple TV is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:YesFire TV is supported by 44 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:YesChromebook is supported by 21 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:NoChromecast is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 99 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:NoKodi is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:YesLinux is supported by 60 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:NoNAS is supported by 25 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:NonVidia Shield is supported by 15 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:NoPlaystation is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:NoRoku is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:YesRouter is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:NoxBox is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave : NoThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :NoThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :NoThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 19 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :NoThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 35 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :NoThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 0 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :NoThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
Personal VPN Pro can be used on 5 different devices at the same time, a limit that’s lower than the average for other paid VPNs. For instance, IPVanish VPN and Atlas VPN Pro impose no such restrictions.
The Personal VPN Pro app is available for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux devices.
Among smart TVs, only Amazon’s Fire TV is supported. Personal VPN Pro can also be used on Chromebook devices. Game consoles are not protected.
Personal VPN Pro falls short due to the lack of search engine extensions. Traffic on routers is only available with the priciest Premier subscription option. The CloakBox VPN router, also manufactured by WiTopia, can also be used for this purpose.
In terms of compatibility, Personal VPN Pro has much catching up to do. Leading VPNs like NordVPN support multiple device types.
Personal VPN Pro App: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English
- Whitelisting: NoWhitelisting is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
The Personal VPN Pro desktop app is among the more straightforward ones, as it doesn’t provide many features. It has a simple interface that is clear and easy to comprehend. It offers almost no customization options to cater to the user’s preferences. Instructions on how to install the application are available on the Personal VPN Pro website.
The application interface is only available in English and only in a dark theme.
Upon launching the application, the page with the server connection button is always displayed first. You can either let the app select the fastest and least busy server using the Smart Location feature, or manually select the server. The available servers are listed alphabetically by location, but current response times are not displayed. Servers can be added to the favorites list.
Once a server connection is successfully established, the application icon turns green and the current IP address is displayed. The application also allows switching between different subscriptions.
The Personal VPN Pro application falls short due to the absence of a whitelist and auto-connect feature. The whitelist allows users to select sites or apps that will connect directly to the internet without a VPN. Auto-connect, on the other hand, automatically selects the most suitable server and connects the device to the VPN at startup.
Personal VPN Pro Connection Speed: Upload, Download & Latency
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
Personal VPN Pro does not restrict users based on the amount of data transferred, a feature that is standard amongst paid VPNs.
On average, the download speed of Personal VPN Pro, measured at 99 Mb/s, was surprisingly good, given the substantial load of its 300 servers. This speed is more than enough for tasks such as playing 4K videos, which generally require at least 50 Mbps.
On the other hand, the upload speed of 34 Mb/s places Personal VPN Pro among the slower VPNs in our comparison. Low upload speeds can make it particularly challenging to back up files to the cloud or share via torrents.
The response time of 81 ms might not be adequate for activities such as gaming or streaming video. For comparison, we measured the average response time of competitors NordVPN at 11 ms and AdGuard VPN 7 ms. Remember, for response times as opposed to transfer rates, lower is better.
In terms of establishing a connection to the VPN server, Personal VPN Pro ranks as average. We were unable to test the auto-connect feature’s speed since Personal VPN Pro doesn’t offer it.
In summary, Personal VPN Pro falls among the average, if not lower, due to its transfer speeds and response times.
Personal VPN Pro Server Locations
- Number of servers: 300The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1661.
- Number of countries: 43The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 40.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇫🇮 Finland 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇸 Iceland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇱🇹 Lithuania 🇱🇻 Latvia 🇱🇺 Luxembourg 🇭🇺 Hungary 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇵🇱 Poland 🇵🇹 Portugal 🇦🇹 Austria 🇷🇴 Romania 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇨🇭 Switzerland 🇹🇷 Turkey 🇺🇦 Ukraine North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇧🇷 Brazil Asia 🇭🇰 Hong Kong 🇮🇳 India 🇮🇱 Israel 🇯🇵 Japan 🇰🇷 South Korea 🇲🇾 Malaysia 🇷🇺 Russia 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇹🇭 Thailand 🇻🇳 Vietnam Africa 🇪🇬 Egypt 🇿🇦 South Africa Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia 🇳🇿 New Zealand
The Personal VPN Pro network comprises 300 servers across 43 countries worldwide.
Personal VPN Pro servers are well-distributed across continents, with the majority in Europe and Asia. The 43 countries include the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Russia, which faces substantial government censorship.
All features offered by Personal VPN Pro are available on all servers. There are no servers dedicated solely to tasks like video streaming or P2P traffic. Some servers are leased and not owned by WiTopia, Inc.
Even though Personal VPN Pro has been available since 2005, we were disappointed by the server and country selection. Other VPNs such as Surfshark (97 countries) or ExpressVPN (94 countries) offer a significantly better selection.
Personal VPN Pro Security Features: DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 93% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 85% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: NoMulti-Hop connection is offered by 20 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Tor: YesTor support is offered by 18 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Security features vary depending on the subscription type. All plans use 256-bit encryption combined with PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, IPSec IKEv1, and IKEv2. With Personal VPN Pro, you can also use OpenVPN TCP and OpenVPN UDP protocols with more than 65,000 ports.
Personal VPN Pro supports DNS leak protection. In our tests, we didn’t observe any DNS request leaks.
The Personal VPN Pro applications feature an essential kill switch that protects the user’s IP address and location from being spoofed. If the connection to the VPN server fails, the kill switch disconnects the device from the Internet.
A Personal VPN Pro subscription also allows navigation on the anonymous Tor network.
One advantage of this service is the support for a 4096-bit certificate and stealth modes that conceal active VPN protection. As such, Personal VPN Pro can be used in China and other countries with regular censorship.
However, Personal VPN Pro doesn’t include features like ad blocking, malware protection, and trackers. The app also does not offer split tunneling or other advanced features.
For standard use, the security level is adequate, providing the highest level of protection among Personal VPN Pro subscription options. VPNs such as ExpressVPN and AdGuard VPN use their proprietary protocol, increasing security levels.
Personal VPN Pro & Streaming: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime…
- Amazon Prime: YesAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: YesDisney+ streaming is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: YesHBO streaming is supported by 57 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: YesHulu streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: YesNetflix streaming is supported by 65 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 95 % of reviewed VPNs
During our rigorous testing, we also assessed the connection stability on each platform. The results obtained by Personal VPN Pro can be described as inconsistent. Connection to closer servers usually led to smoother streaming and less frequent video stuttering. Yet, on the Hulu platform, we experienced stuttering during content loading and playback, leading to a poor user experience.
Streaming platforms can block VPN traffic by adding their IP addresses to a blacklist, preventing users from unblocking the stream. A possible solution in this situation is to disconnect and reconnect to the VPN using a different IP address.
Features of Personal VPN Pro: AdBlock, Static IP…
- Blocks Ads: NoAd blocking is offered by 43 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: NoMalware blocking is offered by 33 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: NoTrackers blocking is offered by 36 % of the VPNs reviewed.
The Personal VPN Pro application does not block ads, malware, or trackers. Similarly, it does not offer split tunneling or an auto-connect feature to connect automatically to the VPN when the device starts.
Static IP addresses are not available for an additional fee.
Personal VPN Pro‘s CPU usage and App Performance
During our testing of Personal VPN Pro, we noticed no changes in device behavior that could lead to increased load due to the application running. The size of the desktop application’s installation package is approximately 30 MB.
Even after closing the application, it continued to run in the background, consuming the same amount of power. To fully exit the program, you need to click on an icon in the taskbar.
Personal VPN Pro Torrenting Servers
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 88 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Personal VPN Pro supports torrent traffic across all its servers. The conditions for torrenting remain the same across all subscription plans.
Among the available servers, none are specifically optimized for P2P traffic. Personal VPN Pro is compatible with most commonly used torrent clients, but it blocks access to P2P websites. You need to modify the application settings to gain access.
The speeds achieved in our tests (average download 99 Mb/s and upload 34 Mb/s) suggest that Personal VPN Pro is not ideal for torrenting. The top VPNs for torrenting, like CyberGhost VPN or Ivacy VPN, offer faster speeds and some even run servers specifically optimized for legal P2P sharing.
What is the country of origin of Personal VPN Pro?
- VPN Provider: WiTopia, Inc.
- Country of origin: 🇺🇸 USA
Personal VPN Pro is a major product of WiTopia, Inc., which is based in Virginia, USA. WiTopia focuses on Internet security and its second product is the Secure My Email system for email encryption. The company was established in 2005, and that’s also when it launched its first version of the VPN.
The company’s US headquarters might concern some users since the country is a member of the 5/9/14 Eyes Countries group. The intelligence services of these countries monitor the activity of Internet users and may share the data they collect with one another.
Personal VPN Pro and Privacy: Logging Policy, Security Issues…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 78% of reviewed VPNs.
According to the provider, no activity associated with the use of Personal VPN Pro is logged. Hence, no browsing logs, visited pages, or downloaded files are stored.
However, the VPN does store some data, including information related to user account operations (email, password, and payment details) and communication with support. This data is retained in case it’s needed in the future.
Cookies are used on the Personal VPN Pro site, but all data is anonymized. To completely delete data collected on a user account, you can contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We did not detect any DNS leaks during our testing of Personal VPN Pro. An independent audit of this VPN by a reputable company is yet to be conducted.
Personal VPN Pro Support: Chat, e-mail…
You can find answers to frequently asked questions and troubleshooting guides in the Support Center at Personal VPN Pro. The information is neatly categorized by platform.
Users can obtain additional information from a blog and potentially social networks; Personal VPN Pro is active on Facebook and Twitter.
You can contact Personal VPN Pro‘s technical support directly via live chat, which is available 24/7 and functioned effectively during our test query. This service is also available to non-subscribers. Alternatively, you can use the email address email@example.com.
Personal VPN Pro FAQ
Is Personal VPN Pro Free?Personal VPN Pro is a paid service. The most affordable subscription option costs $5.83 per month. The purchase comes with a 30 days of money-back guarantee. This VPN does not offer a free or trial version.
Is a Subscription to Personal VPN Pro Worth it?Personal VPN Pro offers a stealth mode that hides VPN usage, making the service viable in locations like China. It offers multiple subscription options and has servers in countries often overlooked by competing VPNs.
However, it lacks features that are generally considered standard for a good virtual private network. Considering the cost of the most affordable subscription is $5.83 per month, Personal VPN Pro is among the more expensive VPNs on the market.
Is Personal VPN Pro Secure?Personal VPN Pro provides DNS protection, kill switch functionality, stealth mode, and supports several secure protocols.
However, the operator’s location in the US, a country known to monitor the internet activity of its citizens, may cause some concern. The company asserts that it has never released user data in the past. Therefore, Personal VPN Pro can be considered a secure VPN.
For VPNs based outside the United States, consider options like NordVPN (Panama) or Proton VPN Plus (Switzerland).
Personal VPN Pro
Personal VPN Pro 💵 VPN Price: $5.83/mo 📱 Device limit: 5 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: Yes 🔌 Router Support: Yes 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 300 🗺️Country of origin: USA
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- What Is a VPN and How Does It Work? 4 Usage Examples
- How to Set Up a VPN on Your Router
- How To Watch
- iOS: 9 ways to protect your privacy
- Android: 8 ways to better protect your privacy
- The 3 Best VPNs for Watching F1 from Around the World
- How to Protect Your Privacy on the Internet
- Review: Brave Free Internet Browser Protects Your Privacy
- Why We Recommend Using a VPN Every Day
- Chrome :
- Android TV: