iTop VPN Pro Review 2023 Review: 4 cons and 3 pros
iTop VPN Pro Offers Dedicated Servers for Streaming and Gaming
- Compatible with core platforms only
- Storages large amounts of data
- DNS request leaks have been reported in the past
- Average download (24 Mb/s) and upload (13 Mb/s)
- Favorable price (only $1.52 per month)
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
- Many extra features
The iTop VPN Pro is one of the mid-sized VPNs, with Hong Kong-based iTop Inc. behind its development. The company is in the business of creating applications for secure internet movement.
The benefits of iTop VPN Pro include several added features, a good price, and a money-back guarantee for 30 days from purchase. Dedicated servers for streaming services and gaming are also a plus.
The weaker side of iTop VPN Pro is the connection speed, which may be due to the lack of servers and a large number of users. The compatibility level is poor compared to other VPNs, and iTop VPN Pro also stores more data than other services. DNS request leaks have also been reported in the past.
In our tests, iTop VPN Pro earned a final score of 7.0/10. It thus loses out on the best VPN.
iTop VPN Pro Subscription: Discount Code, Free Trial, Money Back Guarantee…
- Your Price:
$15.9991% off $1.52 /mo (5 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (30 days)
- Free Trial: No
- Cryptocurrency payments: NoBitcoin :No
iTop VPN Pro gives users a choice of four subscription options. One can choose monthly billing, 6-month, one-year, or two-year payment. The most cost-effective is the two-year subscription, which includes an extra free year as a bonus. With a price of $1.52, this makes iTop VPN Pro one of the cheapest VPNs on the market.
To order a subscription, simply choose your preferred plan and enter your email address with an additional password in the app. The last step is payment, which is possible via credit card or PayPal. You can also enter a discount coupon, other payment methods are not available.
A money-back guarantee for a period of 30 days applies to all subscription variants, but the request must be submitted before the expiry of this period. For a refund, simply contact technical support iTop VPN Pro. The money-back guarantee does not apply to plans billed as an Apple App Store purchase. In such cases, everything is handled through the App Store, where refunds are subject to Apple’s support decision.
The trial version iTop VPN Pro is available for a period of —, after which it automatically becomes a paid service.
The free version iTop VPN Free has some limited features, but to get it, just skip the subscription option in the app.
- Your Price:
iTop VPN Pro and Supported Devices: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: 5
- Android: YesAndroid is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:NoAndroid TV is supported by 37 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:NoApple TV is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:NoFire TV is supported by 44 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:NoChromebook is supported by 21 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:NoChromecast is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 99 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:NoKodi is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:NoLinux is supported by 60 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:NoNAS is supported by 25 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:NonVidia Shield is supported by 15 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:NoPlaystation is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:NoRoku is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:NoRouter is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:NoxBox is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave : NoThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :NoThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :NoThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 19 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :NoThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 35 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :NoThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 0 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :NoThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
With one iTop VPN Pro subscription, only 5 devices can be connected at a time. Compared to the competition, this is well below average; for example, Atlas VPN Pro allows 999 devices to be used simultaneously.
The iTop VPN Pro application is only available for a limited number of operating systems. Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS devices are supported.
Smart TVs and game consoles iTop VPN Pro is not supported, nor is there a browser extension. Connecting a router is also not possible, which is disadvantageous given the low number of supported devices under one license. A router is generally seen by VPN services as a single device, so it allows multiple devices to be effectively protected simultaneously.
iTop VPN Pro App: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English +12 more🇩🇪 German 🇪🇸 Spanish 🇫🇷 French 🇵🇹 Portuguese 🇮🇹 Italian 🇨🇳 Chinese 🇷🇺 Russian 🇵🇱 Polish 🇦🇪 Arabic 🇳🇱 Dutch 🇸🇪 Swedish 🇩🇰 Danish
- Whitelisting: YesWhitelisting is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
Instructions for downloading and using the iTop VPN Pro app are available on the website. At the time of review, the application is available in 13 languages, with English missing from the supported languages. The downside is the availability of only a dark theme for the application.
The application environment itself iTop VPN Pro is clear, short explanations for each function contribute to good orientation. After launching, a list of all servers sorted by country and purpose of use is always the first to appear. The Smart Location function appears as the first item in the list of servers and selects the most suitable server for the user and connects to it. Next to each server, the current response time in milliseconds is displayed.
Each time a server is connected, a notification is displayed, and the main icon in the application turns green. The application also measures the connection time to that server. To use the same server repeatedly, simply star it, and it will be added to your favorites list. Next to this list, you can also see an overview of the last used servers.
The iTop VPN Pro supports a whitelist where you can add applications that will be omitted from VPN usage. You can choose a preferred protocol in the settings or leave the automatic mode where the app itself chooses the fastest and most secure protocol.
It is also possible to change the language and password of the account in the app or delete the account.
iTop VPN Pro Connection Speed: Upload, Download & Latency
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
Connection establishment was fast even when we left the server selection up to the application. However, the connection speed of iTop VPN Pro is significantly slower than competing services.
In our testing, we achieved average download values for 24 Mb/s and upload values for 13 Mb/s. The connection speed was not stable during the measurements and kept fluctuating. This can cause problems, for example, when streaming video with the VPN activated.
The measured values varied mainly depending on the distance of the server from the testing location. Overall, however, they were below average.
Also disappointing during the tests iTop VPN Pro was the response speed, which reached an average value 130 ms. The lowest value recorded was 20 ms.
iTop VPN Pro Server Locations
- Number of servers: 1,800The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1661.
- Number of countries: 40The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 40.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇸 Iceland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇭🇺 Hungary 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇵🇱 Poland 🇵🇹 Portugal 🇦🇹 Austria 🇷🇴 Romania 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇨🇭 Switzerland 🇹🇷 Turkey 🇺🇦 Ukraine North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇧🇷 Brazil 🇦🇷 Argentina Asia 🇧🇩 Bangladesh 🇮🇳 India 🇮🇩 Indonesia 🇮🇱 Israel 🇯🇵 Japan 🇰🇷 South Korea 🇰🇿 Kazakhstan 🇲🇾 Malaysia 🇷🇺 Russia 🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates 🇹🇭 Thailand Africa 🇪🇬 Egypt 🇿🇦 South Africa Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia
iTop VPN Pro offers servers in 40 countries around the world, and the selection is quite poor compared to the competition. Servers are also available in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, the UK, and Ireland. Russia, Saudi Arabia, or Singapore, countries with existing government censorship, are also among the countries offered.
With the total number of 1,800 servers, while iTop VPN Pro doesn’t rank among the worst, it doesn’t stand out. The leader in number of servers is the competing Private Internet Access, which offers 35,400.
In general, fewer servers may not matter, as their configuration and number of active users are important factors. We still rate the connection speed iTop VPN Pro as below average.
An interesting advantage of iTop VPN Pro are the servers optimized for gaming, streaming, downloading and social networking. Gaming servers support games such as Minecraft, Roblox, and Call of Duty. Streaming servers are reserved for HBO, Hulu, NHL Live Streaming, and more. Among the most well-known social networks, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp are supported.
iTop VPN Pro Security Features: DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 93% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 85% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: NoMulti-Hop connection is offered by 20 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 18 % of the reviewed VPNs.
Along with DNS disclosure protection and malware blocking, iTop VPN Pro offers a kill switch feature. This protects the user from data compromise by immediately disconnecting the user from the Internet if the VPN connection is lost.
DNS protection can be applied to all servers offered. In the past, however, DNS request leaks have been reported for iTop VPN Pro, but this should no longer occur. For Windows devices, Browser Privacy and Security Reinforce are available to detect potential risks and suggest solutions needed to eliminate these threats.
256-bit encryption is used during the connection, along with OpenVPN and PPTP protocols. The choice between UDP and TCP is available in the application. While some competing services (such as AdGuard VPN) offer more secure custom solutions, we consider the protocols offered by iTop VPN Pro to be secure.
All protection features are located in the “Privacy & Security” tab of the application, where they can be turned off and on as needed.
Unfortunately, iTop VPN Pro does not support multi-hop connections or two-factor authentication.
iTop VPN Pro & Streaming: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime…
- Amazon Prime: NoAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: YesDisney+ streaming is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: YesHBO streaming is supported by 57 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: YesHulu streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: NoNetflix streaming is supported by 65 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 95 % of reviewed VPNs
iTop VPN Pro was able to unblock video from streaming services Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Hulu, and Disney Plus in our tests. However, we have mixed feelings about the results; for example, we did not unblock a stream from US Netflix.
During our testing, we happened to unblock a streaming video only on the second or third attempt. This is because streaming services try to block VPN services by blacklisting the IP addresses used. The solution in such a situation is usually to reconnect to the VPN, which will change the IP address.
Some streaming services have dedicated servers for iTop VPN Pro. In our tests, while we did get better results on them, playback quality was still hampered by lower speeds and poorer stability.
Features of iTop VPN Pro: AdBlock, Static IP…
- Blocks Ads: YesAd blocking is offered by 43 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: YesMalware blocking is offered by 33 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: YesTrackers blocking is offered by 36 % of the VPNs reviewed.
The iTop VPN Pro service has a number of added features to improve internet security. It offers malware, tracker, and ad blocking for an undisturbed surfing experience. Super AdBlock even manages to block ads on all the user’s mobile apps. Wi-fi Security, in turn, blocks all dangerous and suspicious sites once connected to the network.
There are also two test functions in iTop VPN Pro. The IP Checker will check the current IP address information and list any threats. Speed Test will check the current download and response speed once the user is connected to the server.
The iTop VPN Pro provides a static IP address that is the same for all users. Split tunneling is also available, allowing applications to access the Internet simultaneously through and outside the VPN.
For an additional fee, additional features can be purchased with iTop VPN Pro, such as Screen Recorder for capturing screen recordings, Data Recovery for rescuing lost data, Easy Desktop for better device organization, and PDF editor.
iTop VPN Pro‘s CPU usage and App Performance
The load on the device caused by applications of this kind is usually minimal. In our test, we did not observe any changes in device performance that would detect higher performance demands caused by application usage. The iTop VPN Pro application does not take up much space in the device memory either, as its size is around 35 MB. This is less than some competing VPNs.
Since the iTop VPN Pro app has many features, the load can be further reduced by disabling them. To reduce the load, we recommend not leaving the application running in the background when it is not in use.
iTop VPN Pro Torrenting Servers
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 88 % of the reviewed VPNs.
iTop VPN Pro supports torrenting and even offers five dedicated servers for P2P transfer purposes.
They can be found in the application settings in a tab called “Downloads”; you can connect to any of them. Supported torrenting clients include uTorrent, Vuze, Deluge, BitTorrent, Bitport.io, and qBitTorrent.
What is the country of origin of iTop VPN Pro?
- VPN Provider: Orange View Limited
- Country of origin: 🇭🇰 Hong Kong
iTop VPN Pro is one of iTop Inc’s product lines, which was founded in 2016. The company specializes in tools that ensure secure movement over the Internet. The first version of its VPN was launched in 2020.
The company is headquartered in Hong Kong, which is known for tracking its citizens and frequent censorship issues. In addition, US users are subject to the laws of the United States, one of the Five Eyes countries.
iTop VPN Pro and Privacy: Logging Policy, Security Issues…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 78% of reviewed VPNs.
iTop Inc. states that it does not log the activity of its users, so no information about the original IP address, browsing history, DNS queries, traffic destinations, or transmitted data should be stored. The iTop VPN Pro stores more data than other services.
This data includes information associated with maintaining a user account in the range of email address and payment data, diagnostic data in the range of login frequency, features used, device operating system, and more.
The company does not provide any information regarding requests from external authorities for the release of similar information. However, its policy falls under the laws of China and the US, known for monitoring their citizens. There have been no past audits of iTop VPN Pro, but DNS request leaks have been reported.
We see the security of iTop VPN Pro as sufficient for occasional use, but for regular use, we recommend that another VPN is preferred.
iTop VPN Pro Support: Chat, e-mail…
Answers to the most common questions are available on the iTop VPN Pro website in the support center, where there are also tutorials for solving possible problems.
Information can also be drawn from the blog, where useful hints and tips are regularly published. Among social networks, iTop VPN Pro is only active on Facebook and Twitter.
Technical support iTop VPN Pro can also be contacted via the form on the website and via email (email@example.com). Support is available 24/7; during testing, we received a response within a day.
iTop VPN Pro FAQ
Is the operator of iTop VPN Pro a Chinese company?Yes, iTop VPN Pro is operated by a Chinese company founded in 2016. It is currently based in Hong Kong, and its products include mainly applications related to secure internet movement.
Is iTop VPN Pro free?There is a charge for using iTop VPN Pro. The best subscription comes out to $1.52 per month. The service is free to try for a trial period, which lasts 30 days. To get the trial version, you need to enter your payment details and create a user account, as the service will automatically turn into a subscription after the period is over. A free version is also available iTop VPN Free with limited features.
Is iTop VPN Pro a secure VPN?In terms of security, iTop VPN Pro is an average service. It uses the most popular OpenVPN and PPTP protocols along with 256-bit encryption. All this is complemented by DNS protection, kill switch, and other features. Some other VPNs use more protocols or create their own to support security. In the past, iTop VPN Pro has been reported to have leaked data.
iTop VPN Pro
iTop VPN Pro 💵 VPN Price: $1.52/mo 📱 Device limit: 5 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: No 🔌 Router Support: No 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 1,800 🗺️Country of origin: Hong Kong
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- How to Unblock a Website with a VPN
- Airbnb long-term rental scam: Red flags and exposed scammers
- Black Friday VPN Deals 2023: Up to 85% off Surfshark and Atlas VPN
- 🎮 Best VPN for gaming: 10 tips for PS and Xbox with low ping
- How to Choose a VPN: A Simple Guide for Beginners
- How to install a VPN on an iPhone
- Eurorest voucher review: Is it a scam or a good deal?
- Amazon Prime Video: Subscription Prices in 57 Countries [2023 Edition]
- VPN Guide: What is a VPN Connection and How does it Work?
- 5 Reasons to Use a VPN
- Chrome :
- Android TV: