ZoogVPN Pro Review 2023: 4 Cons and 5 Pros
ZoogVPN Pro Works in Countries Where VPNs Are Blocked
- Limited download speed (32 Mb/s) and upload speed (26 Mb/s)
- Low number of servers (only 70)
- Few advanced features
- Application only available in English
- 7 days of money-back guarantee, applicable to Bitcoin payments
- Unblocked most streaming services in our tests
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Wide range of server locations (41)
- Zoog Shadowing allows VPN use in China
ZoogVPN Pro is a mid-range VPN service launched in 2013 by the Greek company, Zoog Services IKE. This is the only product they offer.
A key benefit of ZoogVPN Pro is the ability to use it on an unlimited number of devices under one license. An intriguing feature is Zoog Shadowing, which allows VPN use within China. During our tests, ZoogVPN Pro successfully unblocked most streaming service libraries.
ZoogVPN Pro‘s weak point is its slow connection speed. Despite several days of testing, we only achieved average download speeds of 32 Mb/s and upload speeds of 26 Mb/s.
We were unable to identify the reason for the slow speed, though it may be due to the low server count. 70 servers seem few compared to competitors, but the network is well distributed across 41 countries.
ZoogVPN Pro subscriptions are covered by a 7 days of money-back guarantee, which also applies to Bitcoin payments.
ZoogVPN Pro applications are regularly updated, and the operator clearly strives to provide a higher quality of service.
ZoogVPN Pro Subscription: Discount Code, Free Trial, Money Back Guarantee…
- Your Price:
$9.9981% off $1.87 /mo (999 devices)
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes (7 days)
- Free Trial: Yes (3 days)
- Cryptocurrency payments: YesBitcoin :Yes
ZoogVPN Pro offers subscriptions for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years. All options provide the same features, with the only difference being price. The price per month decreases with longer subscriptions, making the two-year prepayment plan the most economical.
The two-year option costs only $1.87 per month with the discount for VPN wiki visitors. By comparison, the least expensive monthly subscription is $9.99.
All subscription options are covered by a 7 days of money-back guarantee. This period is shorter than most other VPNs, but it’s adequate to try the service. The money-back guarantee also applies to Bitcoin payments but expires after transferring 10 GB of data. For subscription renewals, the guarantee period shortens to just 3 days. Refunds can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscriptions automatically renew after the paid period ends. You must manually terminate the service in your user account.
The easiest way to subscribe is through the ZoogVPN Pro website. You only need to select a plan, create a user account, and enter an email address and password. Payments can be made with a credit card, PayPal, Mobiamo and Mint, or cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, or Dai.
ZoogVPN Pro doesn’t offer a traditional trial version. However, you can try the service for an unlimited time with ZoogVPN Free, which has certain limitations. The VPN can only be used on 1 device at a time, and data transfer is limited to 10 GB per month. Some features are also unavailable.
- Your Price:
ZoogVPN Pro and Supported Devices: Android, iOS, macOS…
- Device limit: Unlimited
- Android: YesAndroid is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- Android TV:YesAndroid TV is supported by 37 % of reviewed VPNs
- Apple TV:YesApple TV is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Fire TV:YesFire TV is supported by 44 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromebook:YesChromebook is supported by 21 % of reviewed VPNs
- Chromecast:NoChromecast is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- iOS:YesiOS is supported by 99 % of reviewed VPNs
- Kodi:NoKodi is supported by 22 % of reviewed VPNs
- Linux:YesLinux is supported by 60 % of reviewed VPNs
- Mac:YesMac is supported by 98 % of reviewed VPNs
- NAS:YesNAS is supported by 25 % of reviewed VPNs
- nVidia Shield:YesnVidia Shield is supported by 15 % of reviewed VPNs
- Playstation:YesPlaystation is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Raspberry Pi:NoRaspberry Pi is supported by 18 % of reviewed VPNs
- Roku:NoRoku is supported by 16 % of reviewed VPNs
- Router:YesRouter is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- Windows:YesWindows is supported by 100 % of reviewed VPNs
- xBox:YesxBox is supported by 20 % of reviewed VPNs
- Brave : YesThe Brave browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Chrome :YesThe Chrome browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Edge :NoThe Edge browser add-on is offered by 19 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Firefox :NoThe Firefox browser add-on is offered by 35 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Opera :YesThe Opera browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Safari :NoThe Safari browser add-on is offered by 0 % of reviewed VPNs.
- Vivaldi :YesThe Vivaldi browser add-on is offered by 45 % of reviewed VPNs.
ZoogVPN Pro allows unlimited simultaneous device connections.
ZoogVPN Pro has commendable cross-platform support. The VPN can be used on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux devices. It also supports Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, and gaming consoles like Xbox and Playstation.
The service also supports routers, which means all devices connected to the network can be protected. ZoogVPN Pro is compatible with DD-WRT, Tomato, Asus, and other router brands. If you need assistance, our guide on setting up a VPN on your router can help.
The browser extension is only available for Google Chrome and browsers based on it.
ZoogVPN Pro App: User-friendliness, whitelist, server selection…
- App Languages: 🇺🇸 English
- Whitelisting: NoWhitelisting is supported by 52 % of reviewed VPNs
Even beginners can easily install and operate ZoogVPN Pro. The app layout is simple, making it intuitive to navigate. If necessary, installation and setup instructions for each device are available on the service’s website.
The ZoogVPN Pro app is only available in English, but the straightforward interface should not pose a usage barrier.
The configuration options are very basic, with minimal customization available for the ZoogVPN Pro application. The app uses a dark theme exclusively; a light mode is not offered.
The app doesn’t support a whitelist, which would allow you to select applications that can connect directly to the internet without the VPN.
Upon launching the ZoogVPN Pro application, the main server connection panel always displays first. You can connect by clicking the green icon, which will select the last used server.
If automatic connection is chosen, the app will select the least busy and thus fastest server. The same procedure applies when auto-connect is activated, starting the VPN when the device boots.
After a successful server connection, the connection time and data transferred are displayed. The app also generates statistics showing data transfer volumes over the last month compared to previous months.
The application lists servers by location.
ZoogVPN Pro Connection Speed: Upload, Download & Latency
- Traffic limit: Unlimited
ZoogVPN Pro doesn’t limit data transfer, which is standard for paid VPN services.
It took longer to connect to servers with ZoogVPN Pro compared to competitors. We achieved slightly better results using the auto-connect feature. In this regard, ZoogVPN Pro trails behind leading services like Surfshark or Private Internet Access.
We found ZoogVPN Pro‘s transfer speeds disappointing. The average download speed in repeated tests was only 32 Mb/s, and the upload speed was 26 Mb/s. These low speeds could potentially cause issues when streaming 4K videos, which generally require a connection speed of at least 50 Mbps.
We also noticed significant speed fluctuations during our tests, especially when connecting to more remote servers.
Overall, we view ZoogVPN Pro‘s speed as one of the service’s weakest aspects, though it is sufficient for general internet VPN use without video streaming.
ZoogVPN Pro Server Locations
- Number of servers: 70The average number of servers for the reviewed VPNs is 1661.
- Number of countries: 41The average number of countries available for the reviewed VPNs is 40.
Europe 🇧🇪 Belgium 🇨🇿 Czech Republic 🇩🇰 Denmark 🇫🇮 Finland 🇫🇷 France 🇮🇪 Ireland 🇮🇹 Italy 🇩🇪 Germany 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🇳🇴 Norway 🇵🇱 Poland 🇵🇹 Portugal 🇦🇹 Austria 🇬🇷 Greece 🇬🇧 United Kingdom 🇪🇸 Spain 🇸🇪 Sweden 🇨🇭 Switzerland 🇹🇷 Turkey 🇺🇦 Ukraine North America 🇨🇦 Canada 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇺🇸 USA South America 🇦🇷 Argentina 🇧🇷 Brazil Asia 🇨🇳 China 🇮🇳 India 🇮🇩 Indonesia 🇮🇱 Israel 🇯🇵 Japan 🇰🇷 South Korea 🇲🇾 Malaysia 🇵🇰 Pakistan 🇷🇺 Russia 🇸🇬 Singapore 🇹🇭 Thailand 🇹🇼 Taiwan 🇻🇳 Vietnam Africa 🇿🇦 South Africa Oceania 🇦🇺 Australia 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Although the ZoogVPN Pro network consists of only 70 servers, they are well distributed across all continents. Most servers are in Europe and Asia, with some in South America, Oceania, and Africa.
The 41 countries available include the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia. For countries with governmental censorship, servers are available in Russia and China.
The low number of servers might be the reason for the slow connection speeds we experienced during our service tests. ZoogVPN Pro would benefit from expanding its server network.
Some ZoogVPN Pro servers are dedicated to streaming video, P2P traffic, or Zoog Shadowing. This feature allows VPN use in countries like China that block similar services. Dedicated servers are distinguishable by the icon next to their names. They provide a better user experience for their respective purposes, while other features are available on all servers without exception.
ZoogVPN Pro Security Features: DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch…
- DNS leak protection : YesDNS leak protection is offered by 93% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Kill Switch: YesKill Switch is supported by 85% of the reviewed VPNs.
- Multi-Hop: NoMulti-Hop connection is offered by 20 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Tor: NoTor support is offered by 18 % of the reviewed VPNs.
ZoogVPN Pro‘s fundamental security features include DNS protection and a kill switch. The latter disconnects the device from the internet when the VPN server connection is lost, thus preserving the user’s IP address, location, and the integrity of transmitted data.
Data transmission is safeguarded through AES 256-bit encryption with a 2048-bit hash key. This encryption level is highly secure and can be compared to that employed by banking services.
ZoogVPN Pro supports protocols such as L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, SOCKS5, IKEv2, OpenVPN TCP, and OpenVPN UDP. However, only OpenVPN and IKEv2 are directly available in the application; the remaining protocols require manual configuration using the instructions provided on the service’s website.
ZoogVPN Pro doesn’t support Tor and some advanced security features like multi-hop connections. This technique connects to two VPN servers sequentially, thus achieving a higher level of anonymity and security.
Overall, we find ZoogVPN Pro‘s security adequate for typical use. For users seeking the highest possible level of privacy, we recommend Proton VPN Plus, ExpressVPN, or AdGuard VPN, whose developers have even created their own protocol.
ZoogVPN Pro & Streaming: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime…
- Amazon Prime: YesAmazon Prime streaming is supported by 51 % of reviewed VPNs
- Disney+: YesDisney+ streaming is supported by 54 % of reviewed VPNs
- HBO: YesHBO streaming is supported by 57 % of reviewed VPNs
- Hulu: YesHulu streaming is supported by 48 % of reviewed VPNs
- Netflix: YesNetflix streaming is supported by 65 % of reviewed VPNs
- YouTube: YesYouTube streaming is supported by 95 % of reviewed VPNs
In our tests, we successfully unblocked streams from Netflix, YouTubehttps://vpnwiki.com/en/disney-plus-subscription-price, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, and ITV Hub. The only platform we couldn’t unblock was BBC iPlayer. Streaming support for ZoogVPN Pro exceeded our expectations.
ZoogVPN Pro operates dedicated servers for streaming in the US, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Canada, and Russia.
Some streaming platforms try to block VPN use by blocking their IP addresses. If this happens, reconnecting to the VPN and changing the resultant IP address to an unblocked one can help.
Our streaming experience was hampered by inconsistent connection speeds and insufficient bandwidth for 4K video playback. Content load times also increased when skipping videos. This may be due to an insufficient number of servers relative to the number of active users.
Features of ZoogVPN Pro: AdBlock, Static IP…
- Blocks Ads: NoAd blocking is offered by 43 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Malware: NoMalware blocking is offered by 33 % of the VPNs reviewed.
- Blocks Trackers: NoTrackers blocking is offered by 36 % of the VPNs reviewed.
The ZoogVPN Pro application does not include ad, tracker, and malware blocking, a feature common amongst paid VPNs. There’s also no provision for static IP addresses for an additional fee.
On the flip side, Zoog Shadowing is available on select servers, allowing users to bypass internet restrictions imposed by certain governments. This makes ZoogVPN Pro accessible in China, Iran, and other countries affected by censorship.
ZoogVPN Pro also incorporates a kill switch that disconnects the device from the internet in case of a VPN server connection failure. This feature can also be set to automatically connect to the VPN when the device boots up.
At the time of this review, ZoogVPN Pro did not offer additional features such as encrypted storage, independent auditing, or split tunneling, which are offered by competitors like NordVPN.
ZoogVPN Pro‘s CPU usage and App Performance
In our tests, the ZoogVPN Pro app exhibited average load on the device compared to other VPNs. The desktop application size is approximately 30 MB, which is not demanding on disk space.
After closing the application, it continued running in the background consuming the same power. You can prevent this by completely closing the app via the icon on the taskbar. Battery consumption can be reduced by disabling the auto-connect feature, which keeps the application running in the background whenever the device is turned on.
ZoogVPN Pro Torrenting Servers
- Torrenting servers: YesTorrenting support is offered by 88 % of the reviewed VPNs.
ZoogVPN Pro supports torrenting only on P2P servers.
P2P servers are operated in the US, UK, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Israel.
For torrenting with active ZoogVPN Pro protection, the uTorrent client is recommended. For faster data sharing speeds, the SOCKS5 Proxy protocol can be used, but it must be manually configured in the torrent client.
What is the country of origin of ZoogVPN Pro?
- VPN Provider: Zoog Services IKE
- Country of origin: 🇬🇷 Greece
ZoogVPN Pro is operated by Zoog Services IKE, established in 2013 in the Greek city of Patras on the Peloponnese peninsula by a team of IT engineers aiming to enhance internet privacy. Zoog Services IKE operates independently, with no parent company.
As Greece is part of the European Union, the VPN operator must adhere to data protection principles, including the GDPR. Greece does not participate in the 5/9/14 Eyes Countries alliances, which share intelligence among themselves regarding internet users.
ZoogVPN Pro and Privacy: Logging Policy, Security Issues…
- No-Logs Policy: YesThe No-Logs Policy is followed by 78% of reviewed VPNs.
The provider claims on the ZoogVPN Pro website that it does not log user activity. Therefore, user IP addresses and location, login timestamps, visited pages, used applications, and transmitted data are not recorded.
ZoogVPN Pro does collect some data, such as the email address and password required to maintain the user account and subscription payment information. This data is stored on the operator’s servers.
No user data leaks associated with ZoogVPN Pro have been detected in the past.
ZoogVPN Pro‘s operator has not yet undergone any audit to verify the application’s standards and security.
ZoogVPN Pro Support: Chat, e-mail…
Answers to commonly encountered issues related to the service can be found on ZoogVPN Pro. The help center provides setup instructions for individual devices.
Service updates are published on the blog and on social media. ZoogVPN Pro is active on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Technical support can be reached through the form on the website or via email at email@example.com. During a test query, we received a response within an hour. Support is available 24/7.
ZoogVPN Pro FAQ
Is ZoogVPN Pro free?ZoogVPN Pro is a paid service, with the most affordable subscription starting at $1.87 per month. The same operator also offers a VPN with limited features under the name ZoogVPN Free, which can be used for free indefinitely.
How can I change my ZoogVPN Pro account password?You can change your account password directly in the ZoogVPN Pro application. The change will apply to all devices under the given username, so you’ll need to log in again on all devices.
Does ZoogVPN Pro work in China?Yes, ZoogVPN Pro works in China and in countries that block standard VPN services. This is made possible by Zoog Shadowing, which masks the user’s digital footprint and disguises the VPN connection as regular HTTPS traffic.
ZoogVPN Pro 💵 VPN Price: $1.87/mo 📱 Device limit: Unlimited 🎞️Unblocks Netflix: Yes 🔌 Router Support: Yes 📄 No-Logs Policy: Yes 🛡 Kill Switch: Yes 🖥️Number of servers: 70 🗺️Country of origin: Greece
Top Ten VPNs
Articles about VPNs
- Android: 8 ways to better protect your privacy
- How to Set Up a VPN on Your Router
- How to install a VPN on an iPhone
- Surfshark Antivirus 2023 Review: Price, 3 Cons and 4 Pros
- YouTube Premium: Subscription Prices by Country
- Amazon Prime Video: Subscription Prices in 57 Countries [2023 Edition]
- Eurorest voucher review: Is it a scam or a good deal?
- How to Install a VPN in Your Browser
- Internet safety: 8 ways to better protect yourself
- What Is a VPN and How Does It Work? 4 Usage Examples
- Chrome :
- Android TV: